Not even “install”. Elect. Lol

• supafuzz [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

dictatorship of the proletariat? nah son, the dictatorship of the people who have operated a business in a disadvantaged community for three years

• MemesAreTheory [he/him, any]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I guess this is old news at this point, but cranks of all sorts were circulating crazy conspiracies about the lunar eclipse. At the barbershop I went to I overheard some hogs discussing how the eclipse was a cover up for China attacking the US and a cyber attack. They wanted us all looking at the sky to avoid us noticing the disruption to our electric grid/internet, apparently, and the US government was going along with it because the woke left or whatever is clearly in charge and in league with the Chinese communists.

Just truly unhinged shit what-the-hell

• ZWQbpkzl [none/use name]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Anything involving communists having any actual power in america sounds disconnected from reality but the person saying that almost always define communists as the liberal bourgeois.

• lars@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Paraphrasing someone answering similar questions:

Oh, you know the type. They brag about their limousines and $700 shoes.

Why yes, that is communism.

• theturtlemoves [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Interesting. So where are the other three? Or do they mean that the ‘sun’ we see is composed of four stars in a trenchcoat so close together that we can’t tell them apart?

• mushroom [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

i’d guess only one is visible at a time and i think they thought that the fact that the eclipse wasn’t visible worldwide was proof that there is more than one sun

• happybadger [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I still can’t get over this boomer telling me, next to an empty bike lane and an empty road, that she hates biking infrastructure because one bicycle can cause a four mile traffic jam.

Never once have I seen a traffic jam extending beyond a block here. Every single time it has been for road repair, a car accident, or wildlife trying to cross a road without dying. I don’t even know where such a fucking stupid idea could come from.

• EmoThugInMyPhase [he/him]@hexbear.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Whenever I visit my parents and we go somewhere, they, without fail, will complain about bike lanes and how they destroy the roads. All it did was turn a giant ambiguous lane into an explicit, reasonable sized lane that accommodates anything from sedan to semitruck. But for some reason they just raise their heart rates complaining about it and democrats and how no one rides bikes and they take up space lol