My 12 year old cat was going crazy by the window, I looked expecting to see a squirrel, and instead saw this pintsized nugget cowering between the glass and the screen. No chip, no snip, covered in fleas, and very hungry. We got her sorted with the routine medicals and brought her home to look after her while we find her forever home. The grumpy old man cat seems to have warmed to her, and I’m REALLY hoping they don’t bond because we don’t need a fourth!

• Annoyed_🦀 🏅@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I’m REALLY hoping they don’t bond because we don’t need a fourth!

May the Fourth be with you.

Jkjk that’s what i thought too when i pick this little naughty boy off the street, so now i have 4 cats.

Same story with my 3rd cat lol.

• Lenny@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Working titles of Twiglet and Sassy Anne. Hubs likes the latter, mainly so he can call her Sass-quatch.

• MyNameIsRichard@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

The universe has clearly decided that you need another cat. Who are you to disagree with the universe?

• Lenny@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

The universe is a bitch. She’s gorgeous and adorable but I’m getting older and can’t keep up with a kitten!

• Maeve@kbin.earth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I’m with the others - enjoy your new addition! She’s gorgeous, and I’m glad you were able to take care of her.

• yo_scottie_oh@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

covered in fleas

What’s the protocol for bringing in flea and potentially disease borne pint sized nuggets from the wild without those fleas hopping off the pint sized nugget and into your carpet, bathroom rug, etc? Do you just not bring her inside until she’s been treated or something else?

• nublug@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

i use revolution (selamectin) from the vet and it’s like a fucking flea nuke. if you’re getting it soon i wouldn’t worry about fleas getting in the house because once you use this stuff it’ll clear all of them out of the area in literally hours. fantastic stuff.

also, don’t trust any over the counter flea sprays or treatments at stores, they all use neurotoxins that they claim is safe for cats, but some cats are more sensitive and it might cause neurological damage or even death.

• Lenny@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

This! We basically big bombed the kitty! We pay a pretty penny to our vet and they basically made her “social ready” in a few hours.