link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Riker has a resting ‘I-want-to-fuck-the-shit-out-you’ face, it doesn’t matter who or what is he looking at. Chairs included.
    And the expression only intensified when he smiles (or looks serious, or looks angry, or eats Klingon food, … you get the idea).

Data on the other hand is very well programmed in all manner of lewdety.

And Janeway had lizard sex with a lizard. And used holodeck exactly as everyone else on the ship - for kinky romance.

Vulcans get rapey every 7 years.

Klingons have to be bitten into sexy times.

Qs had full on intercourse in front of the camera.

T’Ana is sexy in heat.

And space-life-energy thing impregnated Troi as we watched.

Bortus laid a fertilised whoops, wrong trek.

But other than the mentioned cases, … only many many more are not listed here.

The prime directive pretty much has a loophole clause that it doesn’t apply in situations where it could become classified as a “space-genitalia-blocker”.

• Zoot@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Goodness I love the small little Orville shout out! It was such a great intermediary before we ha Snw and LD.

• Evil_Shrubbery@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

It really did do “some Star Trek things better than Star Trek” (I dont actually mean that literally, it’s more of a product of Star Trek, of generations of fans, and geeks, and fan-geeks) … but unfortunately the brand-name showrunner responsible for it kinda represents the worst aspects of what that future society overcame in all those centuries of advancements.

The best number one tho.

• Evil_Shrubbery@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Ok but Im sure that one humanity will cross from the list before we leave our solar system.

Furries in space will absolutely get into some weird stuff.

• frezik@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

The candle ghost episode had Picard walking in on Beverly masturbating. Getting a female orgasm on prime time TV is quite the feat.

• HeyThisIsntTheYMCA@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Bortus laid a fertilised whoops, wrong trek.

trek at home got us through some very lean years and I will always adore it for that

• hopesdead@startrek.websiteOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

There is a story about Gene coming down (to the set maybe), and wanting to check out the costumes Barbara March and Gwynyth Walsh were wearing personally. That as much as I recall. Not even sure it is a true story. Remember hearing it on Mission Log.

• Scrubbles@poptalk.scrubbles.tech
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I just rewatched this episode and was like oh dang he really did not hold back with that kiss, even though it’s dax.

Then I’m 99% sure he banged her too. Probably didn’t include that in the mission brief once he got back

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Dr. Barshir is explicitly a character who says they are looking for casual sex in DS9 for the first season.

EDIT: Maybe not exactly with those words, but is always at Quarks looking for someone who will go to his quarters.

• ImpressiveEssay@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Jfc… Next you will tell me you are surprised it deals with actual philosophical questions and actually engages the viewer in some degree of thought.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I don’t remember which episode it was, most likely the 26th episode of All the Asians on Star Trek which Amanda Wong (background artist on LD) is interviewed. I swear someone says there was criticism over The Naked Time simulation in “I, Excretus”.