Saw a “deer hearse” sticker the other day. So nice these guys have an outlet to express themselves. Like Lisa Frank stickers.

• MrJameGumb@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Now if we could get truck wraps that looked like Lisa Frank designs THAT would be really impressive!

• Lost_My_Mind@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Did anyone else read the headline, get really really confused, and then remember you’re thinking of ANNE Frank…which is not who the headline is about. I don’t know why Lisa Frank is.

• Cyrus Draegur@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I want a wrap for my vehicle that’s literally Lisa Frank Coded, except less exploitative.

I want to dazzle other drivers till their eyes bleed :3

• Cyrus Draegur@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Holy shit I would fucking LOVE THAT SO MUCH GOOD GODS ABOVE AND BELOW

I wonder what kind of material we could use O_O

Polycarbonate maybe…?

The issue is, if it’s a plastic, it could degrade due to UV exposure… Plus there’s the overarching issue of micro plastic pollution. Any polymer that wouldn’t be an environmental problem might disintegrate too quickly.

But I still WANT it. I wonder if there even is an engineering solution.

• Zahille7@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Honestly that’d be badass. You could see all the mechanics of the car working how they do. Seeing the engine through the hood would be pretty cool.

• southsamurai@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Eh, I ain’t mad at em.

It’s no different than anime cars, or hot rods with flames, or any other unnecessary but fun for the owner decorations. Not my cup of tea, I draw the line at a maximum of three pieces of auto flair, in the form of placards, stickers, or decals not to exceed a 6×6 area equivalent. That’s my personal limit, but I ain’t hating anyone trying to find their happy with decorations.

And, tbh, if I had a truck, that motherbumper would have a sexy sasquatch on the rear. All kicked back, chilling. Totally over used, but I still think it’s hilariously over the top. Some things just demand to be done, and you can’t deny the call of the 'squatch.

• Mango@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I have a co-worker who’s wild about Lisa Frank. I’d never heard of her, but I absolutely recognized the distinct design elements from school years!