• veee@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Pacific Rim whenever I want goosebumps for an entire sitting. It’s something only slow mechanical metal, electric guitars, and Guillermo del Toro can accomplish.

• southsamurai@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Hmmm, kind of a broad thing.

When I think comfort films, it’s about the movies you watch when you’re sick or need a bit of a boost. Conventionally, that would be the Willy Wonka movie (the Wilder one).

But there’s also Rocky Horror, Man of La Mancha, and Arsenic & Old Lace that are go-to for when I’m sick, or just suck of the world. I don’t know how unconventional those are, though.

There’s also Godzilla movies, typically the older ones.

• zaphodb2002@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

The 1986 Transformers movie. I’ve been watching it since I was like 5. Sometimes I just work my way through the dialogue in my head when I’m bored.

• thesohoriots@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I’ll throw on In the Mood for Love for the gorgeous atmosphere, colors, soundtrack, etc., never mind that it’s about two people trying to figure out how their respective spouses’ affair started.

• zabadoh@ani.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Galaxy Quest - The best Star Trek movie ever… The squiddies are such great sidekicks, so relatable, and you hate to let them down, the catchphrases are actually good: “Never give up, never surrender!” “By Grabthar’s Hammer, you shall be avenged…”