• Lemminary@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    28 days ago

Does he ever talk about anything relevant at these events? I would be extremely bored at one of these.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      28 days ago

He tries to, then almost immediately gets sidetracked. He also talked yesterday about how he was far more attractive than Kamala Harris.

• whotookkarl@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      28 days ago

Boomers these days go to political events all hopped up on Zim zams and popplers to listen to the politician they love talk about how all politicians are gross and politics is dumb.

• Lemminary@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        28 days ago

Not to disagree with you, but I also see a lot of younger folks and many people who are surely sober. So I’m always wondering, are they going in expecting to hear all this bullshit? Because if I were them I would never want to attend again.

• whotookkarl@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          28 days ago

I was being a bit factitious; I suspect the majority are sober and haven’t had an education in rhetoric & propaganda techniques, epistemology, critically analysing mass media, etc and are socially bubbled to prevent exploring opposing views and perspectives.

They aren’t going to learn something new or openly debate some concepts, they go to hear what they already believe. It’s why fascist politicians sound so similar to some religious preachers, they act as an authority to subjectively define the ethics of the in/out groups and questioning their authority puts you in the out group.

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      28 days ago

Yes, he really did. Because you could replay TV on it. You now, like a VHS tape. I’m just amazed he didn’t go that far back.

• taiyang@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    28 days ago

Reach out to dtrump69@aol.com for more information, or join the chatroom by going to ‘truth social’ only here on AOL.

(Til, you can still get AOL dialup and way too many Americans still use it, lol)

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      28 days ago

Yeah, my last job involved working with lots of small business owners- people who sold things through Etsy for example- so many of them sent me artwork via an AOL account. It was so bizarre.

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      28 days ago

My favorite part is that he was saying that it’s so amazing because you can play back video more than once as if that wasn’t possible throughout the entire 1980s with a VCR.

• OkGo@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      28 days ago

It’s quite possible that he was paid to plug TiVo……it really wouldn’t surprise me.

• towerful@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      28 days ago

It’s what Rick Peck - the best agent on planet earth - moved heaven and earth to deliver to Tugg Speedman. Truly a beautiful & inspirational documentary

• Wirlocke@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      28 days ago

I’ll translate to you as a Gen-Z who watched that one Family Guy episode with TiVo in it.

Y’know how you can rewind a Youtube livestream while it’s streaming? And can watch the vod later? It was basically that for TV.

• radicalautonomy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        28 days ago

I genuinely had to look it up to learn that the company and its service still existed, that they hadn’t filed Chapter 11 and ended service a decade ago. Apart from the repair shop waiting room earlier this year, I don’t remember the last time I watched any television station. The last time I recorded a program, I think, was on our Time Warner Cable DVR the month before my then-wife and I canceled service and switched to streaming in 2007.

Trump is an out-of-touch fossil-fuckin’ yutz, and those in his base are a bunch of jamokes.

• Rowan Thorpe@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    28 days ago

I was around long before TiVo and I’m not sure what it says about me that the only thing of substance I know about it is that the GPL3 (GNU Public License v3) was largely referred to as the “anti-tivoization” license because it addressed loopholes being exploited in GPL2 by TiVo hardware manufacturers to use copy left software opaquely.