her, expolde

Join our puplic Matrix server! https://matrix.to/#/#tracha:chapo.chat

As a reminder, be sure to properly give content warnings and put sensitive subjects behind proper spoiler tags. It’s for the mental health of not just your comrades, but yourself as well.

Here is a screenshot of where to find the spoiler button.

• ashinadash [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 days ago

It postdates Jumping Flash by about a year, so like nice try smuglord It wouldn’t have killed them to not kick you back to the castle after blue coin challenges for instance, technically feasible.

But also to be real, the problem is as much that it set the precedent for mercilessly padding your vaguely designed 3D jumping levels out with 7.8 billion collectibles. Why is just platforming like in Super Mario Bros 3 not enough, why do we need an externally motivating ends to which jumping has to be the means? Why is “beat the level beat the boss” not enough?

(Answer “not enough cartridge space” but bridget-smug )

• gaystyleJoker [she/her]@hexbear.netM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 days ago

um actually i said one of the first, not the first smuglord

anyway, there are a few things that could be improved for sure but it was still a great game. i’m pretty sure you don’t have to do a single red coin or 100 coin challenge to beat it. alternatively, if you’re going for 100%, it’s actually very forgiving in that regard. just get 100 coins during the red coin mission and knock it out in one run. there’s no weird shit like in banjo or dk64. the one major issue i have with it is how falling off the level sends you back to the main map but that’s actually fixed in a lot of modern romhacks