• yetAnotherUser
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 hours ago

That’s why USB ports are always worse than a proper outlet. Just take your charging brick with you, what’s the problem?

• hobovision@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        52 minutes ago

I’ve got a brick for EU/UK/USA/AUS plugs with 3 type a and 1 type c and an international multiplug ac/ac pass through.

• PriorityMotif@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 hours ago

Chargers are almost always compatible with any a/c voltage and only need a physical adapter to plug into a wall socket in a different country. Or bring a power bank with you

• yetAnotherUser
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 hours ago

They’re also much less capable though. Have fun finding a USB-C PD port anywhere when you need to charge your laptop - a power outlet is much more useful.

• johannesvanderwhales@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 hours ago

I basically end up using power bricks for laptop and phone, and ports built into a power strip for everything else. Most stuff doesn’t need full PD support (but most anker power strips actually support it, just not at very high wattage).

• johannesvanderwhales@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          28 minutes ago

I don’t think you can do the PD standard from a USB a port. Edit: Reading the Wikipedia page, it sounds like usb-a supports PD 1.0 but not 2.0+ and the higher power requirements.