link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    3 days ago

Ironic for a group that currently obsesses over anti-genocide to be pro-genocide;

"Even if every absurd fabrication that the anti-communist propagandists like to parrot about the millions supposedly killed by Stalin, Mao, etc. was true, those numbers would pale in comparison to the number of lives they saved, "

also

Creating gender equality

Until Stalin reversed it all lol (there are also no high-ranking women in the Chinese government – ever)

• Phineaz@feddit.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 days ago

See, out of a somewhat displaced curiosity, I’d actually like to see that. Would it turn out the “same” as previous mainly patriarchic autocracies? Would it collapse? Any interesting policies?

• jmcs
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 days ago

Ask Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina was widely considered to be an autocrat.

• jmcs
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              2 days ago

To put it mildly. But what are few massacres and disappearances between friends.

And in democracies you also have examples like Thatcher. The problem with the patriarchy is the patriarchy in general, not the genitals of the person in charge.

• goat@sh.itjust.worksOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

im not even going to touch their disdain towards imperialism while also praising modern-day china. i’d drown in the irony. Quick, someone, throw me a buoy!

• mindbleach@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 days ago

(there are also no high-ranking women in the Chinese government – ever)

Huh. I hadn’t noticed. Which says nothing good about China, obviously, but it also highlights how a sausage-fest government does not stand out to us.