Meme: Screenshot of microblog post by @alanjack replying to @fotchi.

Caption: I still don’t know why part of autistic/adhd diagnosis isn’t putting you in a room with someone already diagnosed and seeing how quickly you bond.

• Crozekiel@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 hours ago

Just sounds like caffeine addiction. I used to be able to drinks pot of coffee and then go to sleep. Then health issues caused me to give up all caffeine for several years and now if I have half a cup im wired for hours…

• Aeri@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      30 minutes ago

I know some people are “caffeine addicted” but I genuinely don’t know how the fuck people do it.

I drink a cup of coffee a day, 16oz, sometimes there’s also an energy drink in the mix, on some really serious days I have a headache or migraine and an Excedrin adds a little more in the mix.

One day I made a full pot of coffee and decided to attempt to consume the entire thing over the course of the day. I felt like my heart was trying to escape from my chest and that I was soon going to die.

• dependencyinjection
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 hours ago

True, but I never drink coffee and could drink one right now and go sleep. The same when I was prescribed methylphenidate, straight to sleep. A non ADHD brain would be going 100mph.

• Crozekiel@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

Knowing that, this might be the best evidence that I am not ADHD I’ve heard, lol.

• dependencyinjection
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          38 minutes ago

I wouldn’t take mine or others experiences as the norm, if you’re diagnosed I would discuss with your psychologist to be sure either way.