On Jan. 6, 2021, an angry mob of Donald Trump supporters swarmed a CBC News crew working near Capitol Hill. Nearly four years later, reporter Katie Nicholson tracked down one of the people who surrounded her that day to find out what she’s thinking heading into another volatile U.S. presidential election.

Was worth the watch for the emotional contortions the supporter twists herself into when confronted by one of the people she threatened, her Democrat-voting husband dealing with it all, and that messed up Trump paraphernalia store.

• dogslayeggs@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 minutes ago

Zero proof of anything and zero reason to doubt anything, yet both women they talked to know in their hearts that the election will be stolen (again in their minds).

The biggest point all those election deniers ignore is that almost the only Republican with any chance of winning who didn’t win that election was Trump. Why would Democrats not steal the election from goddamn Mitch “The Turtle” McConnell? Why would they they “allow” Republicans to gain 12 seats in the house?

• wagesj45@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

Our voices didn’t matter. It didn’t matter how we voted.

My suspicion is that she feels that way because she lost. A wild guess, but I think she’s so selfish that she can’t imagine other people’s voice/desires mattering as much as her own personal wishes; their votes shouldn’t count like her’s does.

• wagesj45@fedia.io
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        39 minutes ago

Fair. But I think the reason behind that feeling is different between the two of you. One is internal, the other is systemic. Though I guess if you were to ask her, she’d say the same thing in reverse.

• Montagge@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

That woman is mentally ill, and her husband is a spineless enabler. How sad and depressing.

• cygnus@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

Hell of a video — too bad that it took Canadian media to make it! If anyone had any lingering doubts about MAGA being a cult, this will confirm it.

• masterofn001@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 hours ago

“They…they…they…found ballots…”

And that’s when I stopped watching.

That was enough crazy stupid for me.

• Linktank@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 hours ago

Yeah, what kind of reporter/interviewer doesn’t immediately follow up with:

Who is “They?”

Where did “they” find these ballots?

Whose ballots were they? Surely they have names on them??

After “they” found them, what did “they” do with them? Surely they would parade this proof around on the news circuits or put them on display somewhere since it’s supposedly a corner stone of their narrative?

No?

Interesting. End of interview. Stop giving these jerkoff whackjobs a platform.