Pause means we can continue later. Coward can’t even say the ‘c’-word. CEASEFIRE

• ProletarianDictator [none/use name]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

What happened in 2020 that turned Bernie from someone willing to push against the current (at least marginally) into a full-blown lapdog for the Democratic party & empire? Has anyone checked him for scratches?

• ProletarianDictator [none/use name]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Right, how could I forget? Makes me wonder why there wasn’t similar cheerleading for wars in the middle east from him between then and now. Perhaps the tried & true Democratic party method of knowing he could oppose without it shifting the needle?

• star_wraith [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I think the common thread of Bernie’s foreign policy through his career is that he opposes war when it is “safe” to do so. No one dared go against the invasion of Afghanistan but there was a decently large movement to stop the Iraq invasion so he probably felt more comfortable expressing dissent.

• Evilphd666 [he/him, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

The heart attack is when I noticed a definitive change in him. - Also fucking Matt D(S)uss. When’s the last time anyone heard from Jane Sanders? Then again in his book “Itxs ok to be angry about crapitalism” he said that Jane is close friends with Jill Biden. (Imo Jill Biden is a top CIA handler)

I think he either died with the heart attack and what we have now is a double or he was “told”. After the heart attack is when he seemed to give up and bend over.

The CIA does have a heart attack gun and worse.

• BynarsAreOk [none/use name]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Come on people don’t memory hole it

March Democratic Debate Transcript: Joe Biden & Bernie Sanders

Ilia Calderón: (00:15) Thank you, Jake. Let’s move now to foreign policy. Senator Sanders, there are about 1.5 million Cuban Americans living in Florida right now. Why would they vote for you when they hear you praise a program of Fidel Castro, a dictator who jailed, tortured, and killed thousands of Cubans.

Bernie Sanders: (00:36) I have opposed or authoritarianism, whether it’s in Cuba, whether it’s in Saudi Arabia, whether it’s in China or whether it is in Russia. That is my life record. I believe unlike the president of the United States, in democracy, not authoritarianism in Cuba or any place else.