The Chrome team says they’re not going to pursue Web Integrity but…

it is piloting a new Android WebView Media Integrity API that’s “narrowly scoped, and only targets WebViews embedded in apps.”

They say its because the team “heard your feedback.” I’m sure that’s true, and I can wildly speculate that all the current anti-trust attention was a factor too.

• doeknius_gloek@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Proton keeps getting better and better. I long for the day when I can ditch windows completely and it might not be too far away.

• grue@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

If by “not too far away” you mean “5+ years ago,” then sure. That’s how long I’ve been gaming Linux-only, anyway.

• deus@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Yes, I’ve done it myself following some tutorials online for Skyrim SE. It’s not as simple as on Windows but it’s definitely possible.

• mememuseum@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

Cool, I’ll have to look into that. That’s mainly what’s keeping me from going entirely Linux. I run Mint on my laptop.

• ruplicant@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

it’s native since inception, i believe

prolly even runs better than on windows, although it doesn’t really matter since it’s so freaking optimized

• Nils@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Proton can also be used by other tools like Bottles. It’s very similar to Lutris but with a more general purpose focus, rather than just gaming.