Conservatives: We are boycotting Froot Loops

Everyone else: Because they are unhealthy right?😀

Conservatives: 😐

Everyone else: Right? 😟

• Flying Squid
    link
    fedilink
    1196 months ago

I’m just waiting for a Republican to come out and just say, “reading is for liberals.” Because you know it’s coming.

• BruceTwarzen
      link
      fedilink
      386 months ago

I would say it’s one or two years away. Two more years and the first person in congress is called a faggot for reading

• @Illuminostro@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      206 months ago

They already are. What do you think their War On Education over the last 40 years is about. Dumb illiterate peasants believe whatever they’re told.

• cathyk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        26 months ago

Yup, looks like the long game is to keep them uneducated, pissed off and armed to the teeth.

• I strongly believe it.

Our customer service (CS) department has a HQ in a red state, they manage all the Customer Service nationwide. They report to my boss and have these “huddle” meetings where the CS managers (of which there are at least 30+ people) share ideas. Other department leads/managers can join. I used to sit in as a engineer manager, so I can under understand problems from customers. But now I sit in to eat popcorn.

The CS leads are definitely conservatives. And These huddles are full of really stupid takes.

One of the takes was where someone recommended training resources and another mockingly said, “Read a book? What do you think this is, a school?”

• @flathead@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          106 months ago

idiot corporate managers who insist on the word ‘huddle’ instead of ‘meeting’. Ugh.

• Keris (They/She)
              link
              fedilink
              English
              edit-2
              6 months ago

Remember to stand still facing windows and walls, walk/stand under heavy but precariously-placed objects, things like that ^.^

• Norgur
    link
    fedilink
    886 months ago

Auch a cool thing to do by froot loops! Wouldn’t have heard of it without that boycott! Come on. Republicans, keep the Streisand effect going!

• Flying Squid
      link
      fedilink
      186 months ago

Kids already love disgusting sugar hoops. Why not put them to good use?

• @CileTheSane@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      46 months ago

Wouldn’t have heard of it without that boycott!

That factored into the reason for Froot Loops doing it I’m sure. “Crazies will boycott which results in free advertising”

• ArugulaZ
    link
    fedilink
    736 months ago

They’ve vowed to switch to their other favorite cereal, Racist Bran.

• Андрей Быдло
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        6 months ago

Kalcium is a building material for all them bones. Timmy, how many bones does your body have? 1488? You are right on the money, Timmy. There’s our special Key-KornflaKes cap with a skull for you. (Your friends gonna beat you to have it.) Now, don’t forget to salute the sun and Nestlé for all the sweet corn making you such a Kapable, Kareful Kid. Key-KornflaKes - the Key to the manhood°.

° Not recommended for females due to it’s hormonal content. Side effects include: baldness, frequent mood-swings, acute radiation poisoning.

• arthurpizza
    link
    fedilink
    English
    576 months ago

Another conservative tantrum, yet somehow everyone else is a snowflake.

• Silverseren
    link
    fedilink
    476 months ago

Another perfect example of how conservatives are trash. How is anyone actually friends with anyone who supports the Republican party? I would be absolutely disgusted being around them.

• be_excellent_to_each_other
    link
    fedilink
    446 months ago

They are fruity, rainbow colored, AND they let kids read things that haven’t been vetted by MTG and the leader of the Proud Boys?

Holy shit how has the offense to our freedoms, the danger to our children, and the disdain for proper god-fearing Americans perpetuated by Froot Loops been allowed to continue for so long!!??

• @paddirn@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    426 months ago

So are they gonna go after Dolly Parton next for mailing woke-leftist indoctrination propaganda children’s books out to kids on a monthly basis?

• don
      link
      fedilink
      156 months ago

They’re conservatives, so more than likely.

• @Drivebyhaiku@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      96 months ago

They can try… But Dolly Parton is a living national treasure. Going after her would cause their hearts to implode and they know it.

• @SPRUNT@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      206 months ago

… But they absolutely love booze.

My friend got married in a conservative little Washington town near the Canadian border. When planning the wedding, they were told that city ordinance allowed them to choose either alcohol or music at the reception, but not both.

We ended up drinking and making Footloose jokes all night.

• SeaJ
        link
        fedilink
        66 months ago

The Republicans in Washington tend to not care much about vices. They were gone legalizing weed. You go down to the Deep South and they hate booze so much that they have dry counties.

• One of which has the Jack Daniels distillery smack-dab in the middle of it. Better yet, they have a legal loophole just for the gift shop.

Moore County, where the Jack Daniel’s distillery is located, is one of the state’s many dry counties. While it is legal to distill the product within the county, it is illegal to purchase it there.[60][failed verification] However, a state law has provided one exception: a distillery may sell one commemorative product, regardless of county statutes.[61] Jack Daniel’s now sells Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, the original No. 7 blend (in a commemorative bottle), and a seasonal blend (on rotation) at the distillery’s White Rabbit Bottle Shop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Daniel's#Legal_status

• NotAFuckingBot
      link
      fedilink
      46 months ago

While I upvoted for your spirit, most of the folks I make a living from as a basshole have red hats at home. They fuckin’ love good live music if you separate them from Trump’s diaper for a minute.

We are a lefty-as-fuck folk trio, and our elephant-flavored fans listen, dance, and usually keep their treason to themselves. They get real quiet when we sing about Sporkfoot, though… 🤷‍♂️

• @Mirshe@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        46 months ago

A shocking number of GOPers love leftist music. Remember when Rand Paul said his favorite band was Rage Against The Machine?

• @assassin_aragorn@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            16 months ago

I doubt he’s listened to any of the more recent songs. Em comes out swinging in favor of gun control and apologizes to Kim and his mom and talks about his feelings. Oh, and that he hates Trump.

It occurred to me the other day, he was pretty ahead of the curve on talking about his feelings. Beautiful straight opens up with him saying he’s depressed. It’s ironic, but Eminem was ahead of the curve on men starting to talk about their emotions. Maybe that’s true of musicians in general though.

• @HoustonHenry@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              edit-2
              6 months ago

I agree, IMO he’s just another hopeful politician awkwardly entice a “new” demographic

Edit- and failing, I’m enjoying the failing aspect

• Melody Fwygon
    link
    fedilink
    English
    276 months ago

Every time a brand falls onto the “socially conservative ban list” I just cackle evilly.

Yes. The death by a thousand cuts is very fitting for these people who seem to lack critical thinking skills and won’t learn.

It’s almost like people think children need to know how to be decent human beings and they know that some parents will refuse to teach that skill.

It’s almost as if…as if society at large has already decided that the “status quo” they are vehemently defending needs to die. It’s like society has decided people need to be better. So that we don’t like; kill each other off stupidly over stupid fucking bullshit in stupid wars like stupid idiots being stupidly fucking greedy and unrelenting.

• TechyDad
      link
      fedilink
      86 months ago

I laugh even more when they buy that product too show themselves shooting it/burning it/ or otherwise getting rid of it via some video on social media.

I highly doubt Kellogg’s cares if someone buys 5 boxes of Froot Loops because they want to eat them or use them for target practice to prove how MAGA they are. Kellogg’s has their money either way.

• @silverbax@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    246 months ago

At this point, I’m surprised these morons aren’t launching homemade missiles at the sky to try and stop actual rainbows.

• @dmention7@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      96 months ago

Funnily enough, every year in early July they go nuts launching Chinese-made missiles at the sky to CREATE rainbows.