We already know that Prince Andrew was heavily involved but who else do you think will be named?

• TheBananaKing@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

The disclosure isn’t complete, it’s only the people who haven’t been excluded in previous orders.

As all the perpetrators are rich and can afford fancy lawyers, that mainly just leaves the victims.

So yeah, the victims are the ones that will get fucked over. Again.

• Teh@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

About the same as most big scandals. Lots of noise and very few consequences. The damage control has somewhat started already. LOTS of people were “associated” with Epstein but that’s not a true implication of what their association was.

• RaincoatsGeorge@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Well it’s kind of like that photo of Elon and Ghislaine. Does it raise questions? Oh yes. Does it automatically mean Elon has been raping kids? No. Those two rapists associated with lots of famous people. I think they got their in with a lot of people becauze of all the secret rapists they associated with. I don’t think every person who has associated with them was a rapist.

• LifeInOregon@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

Every rapist square is a associate rectangle, but not every associate’s rectangle’s a rapist square.

• phillaholic@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Jeff Davis of Whose Line, Harmontown knew Ghislaine from night life in LA. He talks about it in one of the last episodes of Harmontown when all this was coming out. They were socialites involved with everyone. It’s great cover, could even be black mail cover. Get an important person drunk or under the influence of something, get a sex worker to take them back to a room, film it. Awful people, but not dumb.

• RaincoatsGeorge@lemmy.zip
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 months ago

Yeah I think it’s hard to tell where people’s vices start and stop. Probably some of those people were just doing drugs, just having sex with prostitutes. To me neither of those things is inherently bad or of concern at face value. But there’s no question there’s also people who were specifically associating with those two for the kid rape.

We will likely never know the truth but Im personally ok with all the names being dropped because even if you weren’t raping kids, your judgment was so compromised that you were associating with one of the worst sex traffickers on the planet. We should not be associating with you or doing business with you. But I think everyone’s going to assume any name on the list was diddling kids, and I just don’t think that’s true.

• phillaholic@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            6 months ago

Keep in mind there will be names on the list of people who associated with them before anything came out publicly. Those are the ones who I’d say are innocent unless specific allegations come up. Flying on his plane is not enough imo.

• Evia@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Anybody important will have had their name removed from the list already. After seeing the fallout for Prince Nonce of Nonceville, nobody else wants to be tarred with that brush

• cheese_greater@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 months ago

I just mean everyone’s implying all the rich and truly awful have made sure they are off the record by now which is clearly not the case with Andrew, leading me to question the sincerity or validity of that speculation hehe

• Evia@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            6 months ago

Ahh, got you now, sorry for the confusion. I think Prince Nonce didn’t have the advanced notice (or the social equity (he was already disliked before this came out)) to buy his way out. Whereas people being announced this week have had months of advanced notice

• Diabolo96@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Of course, [REDACTED] will be there, along with [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], and oh, did I forgot to mention [REDACTED] ?

• Adderbox76@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Just like they’ve always done, they’ll throw a couple of their own to the wolves to distract the pitchfork weilding townsfolk (that’s us) just long enough for us to stick our heads back down into our smartphones and gadgets and forget the entire business.

Just like the sacrificed Weinstein and Spacey to our public ire and then quietly stayed under the radar long enough to forget how many other celebrities are doing the same thing.

The powerful stay powerful by distraction and subterfuge. This will be no different.

• JusticeForPorygon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I think our taxes just paid for a large shipment of sharpies to be sent to the Dept. of Justice building, that’s what I think.

• LdyMeow@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

The American public. Because it will be yet another in a long line of ‘leaks’ that seem to go nowhere. Powerful people will continue getting away with it.

• FlashMobOfOne@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

It doesn’t matter.

We know Bill Clinton and Donald Trump were very involved, and the partisans of this country would vote for both again at the drop of a hat.

• TechyDad@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

And his followers will excuse it in one of two ways:

1. It’s all fake. They’ll claim that the Democrats swapped the real list for the released “fake” list and that the real list has Biden’s name, not Trump’s. Their proof? Some YouTube video linked to from a Facebook post where a white guy wearing sunglasses in his truck says he saw the real list with Biden’s name on it!

2. Trump was undercover. They’ll claim that Trump was actually working undercover to expose these people. Being on the flight logs “proves” that he was only there to spy on these people. Why? Non-specific Excuse! Therefore, Trump’s name on Epstein’s list is actually a good thing and they support him more!

Meanwhile, the rest of us will scream in frustration.

• Linkerbaan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Let’s take a moment to remember that Epstein didn’t kill himself.

Nobody that matters is gonna be on that list