• HRDS_654@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Tf is a blue MAGA liberal? This sounds like a term someone made up to justify their anger.

For the record I hate Biden, but I hate Trump more because he has proven he would sell out the country to maintain his position. He’s demonstrated he wants to be Putin. Is Biden complicit in genocide? Yes. Is that a reason to throw away our individual freedom? Personally, probably not.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

I’m guessing a red maga liberal who is in the face from bowling?

What is a maga liberal you ask? Someone who’s slightly less right than this stooge.

• PugJesus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

“Stop worrying about what Hitler MIGHT do and START worrying about what the SPD IS doing!” - ‘Leftists’ (and I use the term lightly), Weimar Germany, 1930

• hitmyspot@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Isn’t that the case with pretty much any election? You compare their history to predict what they will do.

If you vote trump in, it is no longer a theoretical trump genocide.

Trump just happens to be so awful, that literally aiding genocide is not worse.

• givesomefucks@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

“Lesser evil” should never be an excuse to be more evil than your voters want.

The worse republicans get, the worse these ancient democrats get. It’s like they’ve just been sitting around the last 50 years in office waiting for an excuse to do worse shit.

Think about how different society was 50 years ago. That’s when Biden got in the Senate and became disconnected from normal people. He’s a fucking relic and if the only good thing about him is he ain’t trump, literally everyone else eligible to run for president also shares that with Biden.

• PugJesus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

The worse republicans get, the worse these ancient democrats get.

I can’t imagine paying this little attention to politics in my own lifetime, much less throughout the past half-century.

• Doc Avid Mornington@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Democrats have pretty much been the same since Clinton, not really drifting right. Yes, Democratic centrism enables Republican extremism, but the neoliberal agenda of Democrats, regarding domestic economics and foreign affairs, has stayed pretty constant, while they have actually improved on social issues. Clinton or Obama would not have handled Israel’s recent actions differently, they might even have done worse. On domestic issues, Biden is probably the most progressive president since LBJ. Now, granted, that’s really a condemnation of American politics since then, more than it is praise of Biden - but still, we are finally moving in the right direction again, at least, and it’s important to acknowledge that, if we want it to continue.