They recovered four, three of them AT the crash sites! How. The black boxes didn’t even survive. cat-confused

• aaro [they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Okay 9/11 truthers, since it seems that there’s a lot of you here, why would the Bush administration do it? To justify an invasion? We could have invaded anywhere we wanted any time we wanted. Thinking that we needed a lot of people to die on domestic soil in order to justify an invasion in the public eye is lib shit. So what’s left? Was the government whacking someone in the towers?

• imogen_underscore [it/its, she/her]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

acting like 9/11 didn’t change anything is incredible wilful ignorance. it revolutionised the capabilities of the American security state, domestic and global. i super don’t want a debate about this but I recommend the trueanon series as a good primer to de-lib your brain about this

• invo_rt [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Adding on, it’s important for younger comrades to know that shit like the TSA, DHS, and all those fusion centers (which somehow seem to be used against every major protest movement from Occupy to Pro-Palestine) did NOT exist before 2001. Also shit like the FISA bill which, after the PATRIOT Act, allows the security state to monitor anyone’s communications in the US despite security state officials perjuring themselves to claim the opposite for years and was JUST renewed.

• Frank [he/him, he/him]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

I spent, literally, twenty years refusing to go through Chertoff’s milimeter scanners hoping that a tall white guy getting frisked might, idk, make someone wonder why this was all happening, how it became normal. Spent a decade with people looking at me like I was a crank as I ranted about how the TSA was a massive expansion of federal power, the first time most people came in to regular contact with a federal law enforcement agency. How it was all completely useless security theater that amounted to little more than a jobs program wrapped around an extension of the police state. It’s all so goddamn frustrating, and now there’s a whole generation of kids who don’t remember anything else. We used to be able to go to the gate, greet our families as they got off the plane. It all sucks so much.

• Frank [he/him, he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

What truth do you think is being concealed? This is all wikipedia page stuff. USAPATRIOT was already written and waiting for signatures. The Bushes and their cronies had been frothing for an invasion of Iraq for years. This isn’t hidden, this was mainstream news throughout the 00s.

• queermunist she/her@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

The bloodlust immediately after 9/11 was the highest I’ve seen in my lifetime, much like Oct 7th has been for the Zionist project. I could maybe buy that 9/11 was orchestrated to not just invade countries but to rally Americans around the flag and secure the empire as the End of History.

Except Bush didn’t do that. He could have pointed the finger at anyone and used that to orient the imperial project, but instead of using his biggest political windfall to start a war with Iran he blew his political capital on Afghanistan and then Iraq. Maybe he thought those would be easier occupations and he could use them to build momentum for Iran, but I don’t see it. It just seems opportunist, rather than planned.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I’ll say again, the meme boiling-down of the broad category of 9/11 truth to “bush did 9/11” has been a disaster. that’s not what we mean when we say there is more to the story lol. the commission was undeniably a massive coverup and the people deserve to know the truth of every aspect of the story, that’s what we mean.

• aaro [they/them]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

we know it wasn’t literally Bush slipping some hijackers a twenty under the table and asking them to hijack planes. We understand that you’re proposing a complex and long-running plan that would have originated prior to the start of his term. He just would have had to be complicit, and as the head of state at the time, the turn of phrase is the easiest by saying that he did it.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

i just want Americans to stop blindly reinforcing the state department narrative around this lol. I know it’s hard and you’ve been very heavily propagandized about it but try to apply the same level of critical thought you would to something less close to home

• BobDole [none/use name]@hexbear.net
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 months ago

The 9/11 Truth well has been thoroughly poisoned in America by the the insistence on repeating bad engineering concepts: the “jet fuel can’t melt steel beams” memes, the “squibs” as air compressed by a falling building blew out windows and the “basement explosions” caused by the same, the insistence that a cruise missile hit the Pentagon because the plane didn’t leave a perfectly plane shaped hole like a cartoon and the security camera with terrible frame rate and resolution. These crank memes that don’t hold up under scrutiny don’t help anyone’s case, and yet they’re always all over every thread about it because people don’t investigate, just repeat.

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                2 months ago

wow I wonder what caused people to start theorising wildly about what happened, it could be the fact it’s completely obvious the official report is a cover up and a crock of lies. the things you’re pointing at are symptoms of the people being lied to about this, not just “wow those 9/11 people are so wacky”

• Rod_Blagojevic [none/use name]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

It’s true. Any action in the middle east or central Asia would be completely unquestioned as long as a lot of people got killed. So we got a giant money laundering scheme disguised ad wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

• TechnoUnionTypeBeat [he/him, they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

To justify an invasion? We could have invaded anywhere we wanted any time we wanted

This makes it sound like you were born after 2001

Yes, in theory, the US could have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan any time they wanted, but wars in the US always require an excuse of some kind for The International Community ™, and inevitably are unpopular with one party

The revanchist fury that soaked into the West right after 9/11 is hard to describe if you weren’t there. That shit was bipartisan, every liberal went full holden-bloodfeast overnight. News was 24/7 bloodlust, with the initial sucker punch on Baghdad playing live on every news outlet

What followed was 20 years of the biggest MIC grifting the world had ever seen. Billions in failed Future Soldier shit, billions in new weapons. Contractors selling pens valued at a thousand times their worth just to grift a few million more. And then came the PATRIOT Act and other surveillance methods which were accepted to wide acclaim because of 9/11, with no mainstream pushback. It further solidified the vassal relationship of the rest of NATO/the EU to the US as the US dragged others in and began militarily grifting them as well.The pre-9/11 world would be just unrecognizable to anyone born afterwards

Nobody is legitimately arguing that Bush personally contacted the Saudis and asked for Bin Laden. The usual argument is that the Bush regime had intel that they chose not to act on