https://t.me/astrapress/55898

A Muscovite was fined 50 thousand rubles under an article about “discrediting” the army because of his dyed hair.

At the end of April this year, Stas Netesov came to the police department to write a statement about theft - he was attacked at a bus stop, his phone was stolen and his tooth was knocked out. However, a report was drawn up against him for “discrediting” the RF Armed Forces.

The police did not like the appearance of the young man; they considered his blue and yellow hair colors to be support for Ukraine. In addition, security forces took fingerprints from the young man. They also told Netesov that they would force him to “kiss his native soil in the trenches” and handed him a summons to the military registration and enlistment office.

The Tverskoy Court of Moscow fined Netesov 50 thousand rubles in early May.

• YeetPics@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

It’ll be better when Putin returns into his natural pool of goo or one of those cowardly ruskies puts him down like the dog he is.

• InFerNo@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

The officers who did this won’t change because the leader of the country changed.

• ghostdoggtv@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

Idk, since around year 1900 they almost always tilt to the right. Even Russian communists were authoritarians. When the Soviet Union collapsed into the Russian federation, it was yet another rightward tilt. Let me guess how the next one is gonna go, hmmm think brain.

• Echo Dot@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Russia has never improved as a result of an assassination or death of a predecessor. When Stalin died Russian didn’t exactly become a paragrim of democracy why would you think anything would happen differently if Putin died even if by natural causes.

• volvoxvsmarla @lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

For reference, a friend of mine who works full time as a teacher in St. Petersburg was making about 350-400€ a month back in 2017. With inflation and the exchange rate falling, she is probably making 200€ now. So $550 is a lot of money, even if you live in a major city.

• Echo Dot@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Yeah when you’re doing conversions like this it’s sort of more useful to convert effective buying power rather than a direct price conversion.

• GTG3000@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

It’s a bit wishy-washy. Food and housing bills are cheaper (a flat you own is like…$50-100 a month in a city that’s not moscow), but anything imported can get really fucking expensive - either you get cheap crap from china, or if you have to get something name-brand it is usually more expensive than it is in europe. Like how Valve Index ($1k MSRP) was like $2-3k in the shops.

So a person outside of moscow can be living on $100 to $250 but not be able to afford any luxuries that could be more afforable outside of russia.

• Drusas@kbin.run
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

It doesn’t even look like his hair is in support of Ukraine. It’s got green.

• twack@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

I mean, I feel for the kid and I hope someone gets him out, but let’s not pretend like the back of his head isn’t the Ukrainian flag though. This kid is either profoundly stupid or was intentionally pushing the boundaries.

I support him if that’s what he was doing, but it’s not hard to see how this happened.

• some_guy@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Honestly, now that it’s been said, I think his friends should have told him it was too risky. I mean, it’s absurd that he’s being fined and sent to war because of his hair color, but keep in mind where he is and the current vibe of the nation. Poor guy.

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

A man? The back of that head looks like a 13 year olds.

• Etterra@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Well they’re running out of convicts and ethnic groups too drain of able bodies to their into the literal meat grinder, so…

• Echo Dot@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I do find it sort of baffling that Russian continue to behave as if they live in a democracy and are constantly stunned to find that they in fact live in a dictatorship.

If you had hair colored like that and all you got was a beating why would you then go to the police and expect any kind of justice?

• gravitas_deficiency@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I mean yeah, it’s shitty that happened to him… but like, it’s Russia, and he’s rocking the UA flag as a haircut. This sort of treatment isn’t surprising.