• leekleak@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Less screen real estate for the website and we get… Let’s see… A back button that is already handled by the system? A new tab button that saves an entire click?

Sure hope there will be an option to keep the current design…

• Carighan Maconar@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Though if they’re smart about this, they’ll remove that the back gesture goes back a webpage, and instead make it go back a screen (say back into settings or home or out of the app), so it’s consistent with other apps.

• Undertaker@feddit.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Consistent with other apps is going one step back like it is handled now. I don’t know apps acting in another way

• Ephera@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I hate it when it’s covering up a change which is objectively bad for users. But in this case, they’re looking to improve the user experience, so I do hope they’re excited about it in some capacity.

• MicrowavedTea@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

What happens when you have the main navigation bar at the bottom? Where does the second bar go? I hope they didn’t just remove that feature.

• LiveLM@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Meh, if anything I wanted the ability to pin my extensions to the bar so I could access them faster

• d0ntpan1c@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Wonder I’d they’ll allow reordering the buttons and possibly adding other items from the … Menu or extensions. I kinda doubt it since customization on mobile has always been limited, but then again, the old UI had no extra space to work with in the first place.

• Ephera@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Yeah, I’m not getting my hopes up, but it would be relatively easy to add customizability for this new toolbar, since it’s just a set of buttons.

• Vincent@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I’ve been using this for a bit on Nightly, and though I’m wary of sacrificing website screen real estate to the browser, I must say that I found out that I’m using the new buttons quite often. Or rather, I had been using them a lot via the menu, and it’s actually pretty nice having them easily available.

Turns out I use the forward button a lot because I’ve enabled gesture navigation, and often accidentally move back. Ironically I use gesture navigation to save on screen real estate, so maybe I should stop using that 😅

Other than that both refresh, share and new tab are in very heavy rotation, and it now feels like a slog to have to open a menu for them. I say, give it a shot!

• Quintus@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Tried it. Loved it. Looks sleek and buttons make navigation much easier.

• timbuck2themoon@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Honestlly, I’m ambivalent on the navigation bar change. It is quite tall but sometimes helpful.

As for the url bar, thank GOD they put the full URL back. I think this all “better against phishing” is BS and most users aren’t looking anyhow. If you need to at all differentiate it, but the domain in bold and let the rest of the url be in normal font. But for the love of cake don’t have ONLY the domain. I can’t even explain how frustrating that is. Please keep the full URL mozilla.

• iiGxC@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I would’ve preferred tab groups like vanadium/chrome has, but this is ok too

• vrighter
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

a new generation of developers needs to pad out their resume

• SqueakyBeaver@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I’m pretty sure that’s just Firefox for Android, but without some of the proprietary and telemetry stuff So you’ll get it around when the stable version of Firefox does

• LWD@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

This is an okay starting point, but hopefully they make it optional and configurable.

They could learn from Vivaldi.

• Pasta Dental@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I asked for the features. Having to go in a submenu to go forward is not good. Also not hiding the browser UI when not scrolling taking up space being useless was not good. Hiding all but the domain in the URL bar when not interracting with the URL bar is also a good thing to make phishing attempts harder