I just realised that “like it’s your first time” has a positive connotation I guess, but like… motherfucker? Do most people have non-awful first-time experiences of sex? Between garbage sex ed and cisheteronormativity I just can’t imagine. I doubt it was even momentous for most people tbh? Idk.

• anarchoilluminati [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I guess I’m in the minority here but I had a great first experience and still remember it. It wasn’t awkward because it was with a girlfriend in high school I already had for a bit and were building up to it. It was very sweet but passionate when it did happen. She was convinced for a while I was lying about it being my first time (I wasn’t) because I generally knew what I was doing, but only generally as I wasn’t lost. We were pretty young and stayed together for years after that and fucked like rabbits, like anytime and anywhere and all the time. I’m actually coincidentally currently where we first did the deed and did it many times again after that. We broke up near the beginning of college and eventually reconnected mid/late-20’s, still were in sync and had the same passion, but the relationship outside of that wasn’t great. We’re not together anymore and I haven’t spoken to her in years, but I know if we met up again that we’d still pick up where we left off. Anyway, I remember her and all of it very fondly. She was beautiful. I was very lucky to find someone that was such a perfect sexual match out the gate, had worse experiences later when I had more experience ironically.

I was honestly fondly remembering my first time probably like a few days ago.

• FourteenEyes [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

movies have given people brain rot, your first time is universally awkward as fuck because you literally have no idea what you’re doing as far as muscle memory goes

even if it’s good you’re probably not going to look back on it more fondly than later encounters where you actually know what you’re doing and what you’re looking for in a partner

• PaX [comrade/them, they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Idk I think I had an okay time

People take the sex thing too seriously imo, doesn’t matter if it’s awkward or if things don’t work, just try something else and if no one having fun give it up and go do something else

Maybe I’ve just never had good sex lmao

People put way too much emphasis on first times though, virginity is an especially cursed concept

• GaveUp [love/loves]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

it was dogshit. we were pretending to pay attention to Mean Girls for 30 minutes until it happened and it literally took me like 15 minutes to put it in her either cause we were way too drunk or she was clenching too much out of anxiety or something

• TerribleHands [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Mine was very unsuccessful mechanically but still a massively positive experience. I think you bond better with someone over a clumsy fumble that you can laugh about. I’ve definitely had sex that was “better” physically but lacking heavily emotionally.

• Angel [any]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Quite frankly, I despised my first time so much that I don’t even like to recall it as “my first time.” It was just sex. That’s it. I give it no special title or honor. It was just sex.

• VOLCEL_POLICE [it/its]@hexbear.netB
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

The VOLCEL POLICE are on the scene! PLEASE KEEP YOUR VITAL ESSENCES TO YOURSELVES AT ALL TIMES.

نحن شرطة VolCel.بناءا على تعليمات الهيئة لترويج لألعاب الفيديو و النهي عن الجنس نرجوا الإبتعاد عن أي أفكار جنسية و الحفاظ على حيواناتكم المنويَّة حتى يوم الحساب. اتقوا الله، إنك لا تراه لكنه يراك.

volcel-police

• axont [she/her, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I haven’t had a first time but I’ve been close a few times. It felt fun at first, but then I realized I wasn’t doing anything for my own sake. I felt like I was putting up an act for the other person and wasn’t enjoying myself. Then when it got time to really get intimate, I always backed away because I started feeling like shit.

I’ve only recently learned in the past year that’s not normal and that I’m probably just on the ace spectrum lmao ace-heart

• AernaLingus [any]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Never had penetrative sex so I can’t speak to that, but I remember the first time I fooled around fondly. However, those fond memories aren’t about the acts themselves (which were predictably clumsy and not that pleasurable) but about the vulnerable intimacy afterwards. Just being naked in front of someone and feeling perfectly safe, without judgment, fully accepted regardless of any perceived physical imperfections. It’s those tender moments which I cherish, especially as there have been precious few moments since where I’ve felt truly accepted for who I am.

• EstraDoll [she/her]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

lmao, i was such a walking pile of eggy emotional issues, restrictive parents, and crying that there was a solid 0% chance i’d ever get laid as a teenager. i still don’t feel like i “dodged a bullet” though

• ashinadash [she/her]@hexbear.netOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

I mean I legit unironically think it’s better to miss out during your teens, feels less good if you also miss out in your 20s bocchi-cry

I haven’t been single since I was 14 though and all I got was a fucking boatload of trauma that’s taken twelve years and counting to work through normal

• magi [null/void]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

Picking up knowledge to use later is what I’d recommend

Reading some books on trans sex and such. FTW is a good start too.

It’s far better when you know what your doing and get good with just touch and how to play with sensation.

Those are things you dont get taught. You can teach yourself tho.

• HexbearGPT [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I remember it fondly for sure.

it was later than many people I knew so it was a bit of a relief to finally do it. but it went great because I didn’t try and rush it.