Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) is making history as the least liked vice presidential nominee since 1980 following his party’s nominating convention, CNN reports.

He’s also the first to have a net negative favorable rating.

• Rapidcreek@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

JD Vance proves that no matter where you start, no matter how humble your beginnings, no matter how tough your journey, anyone can rise to be an insufferable asshole.

• leisesprecher@feddit.org
      link
      fedilink
      Deutsch
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Guys like him are survivorship bias as a person. They think they owe their success to nobody and nothing but their own determination, while ignoring all of the lucky coincidences that made that possible. And ignoring all of those who worked just as hard, but did not make it. Instead they blame lack of success on personal failures and laziness.

So they want to abolish everything that could help those below them. They look at them with contempt. They will happily tell their own success story and their humble origins, but won’t even touch a minimum wage worker with a pole.

• RestrictedAccount@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

For instance.

If he grew up so poor, how did he afford the $90,975 per year for Yale?

Here is someone who made the most of the handouts along the way pulling the ladder up behind them.

• rayyy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Baby face Vance is someone the orange felon/rapist should watch closely. Vance is the same kind of guy he is. he would stab old orange in the back, think nothing of it, and keep on going.

• paddirn@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Both Trump and Vance have pretty inspiring stories, Trump especially has shown us that, even if you have extreme mental disabilities, you too can rise to the level of US President. Being the first MRDD President was a real milestone.

• khannie@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Both Trump and Vance have pretty inspiring stories

Intrigue…

Trump especially has shown us that

Extreme intrigue…

even if you have extreme mental disabilities, you too can rise to the level of US President.

LOL. You got me.

• octopus_ink@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I read this as “there are people still undecided enough that the VP pick may still change whether they vote Trump” - and frankly I find that almost impossible to believe.

• N0body@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I don’t think it’s a mystery why Trump chose Vance. He asked every potential VP pick whether they’d pull the trigger on stealing the next election in a repeat of J6. Vance has said he would do so publicly, so he went with the sleaziest option. Trump’s decision-making really isn’t that complicated.

• Warl0k3@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

BRUTAL

Is this the new “SLAMMED!!” ? Because ugh am I sick of this.

Nah, no, I lied. Brutalize JD all you want, fuck that guy. Get him with a steel chair, hyperbolize his ass back to the stone age, put him on blast, do yer worst.

• HelixDab2@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Hmmm. No link to their poll.

Look, I want to believe. But there’s not any indication of how this poll was conducted, and they don’t say who did it. Without more substance to it, I can’t give this any weight.

• paddirn@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

As an Ohioan, this guy is a wannabe poser piece of shit, and while I’d be glad to lose him as a Senator, I’f ‘d hate the trade-off to VP. I don’t even know why MAGAts would be supporting him either, given that there’s video recordings of this guy talking shit about Trump previously, but apparently things like evidence don’t matter to them and Herr Trump can do no wrong, he only picks the best people (who have almost universally come out against him after they’re done working him).

• 242@lemmy.cafe
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Does anyone like this guy?

I don’t know what percentage of women have chosen to be childless, but this creepy ass motherfucker is acting like we’re in the third act in a horror film. No children? By jove, you don’t even deserve to exist! And I will set my insurrectionist goons on you… soon…

• Delusional@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

A pattern he hasn’t broken in decades. Doesn’t ever stop the brainwashed idiots from voting for him.

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

One can only hope that might change by a big enough percentage this time. Being that some old fucks have died and a lot of things have changed recently such as Biden stepping down.

• Timii@biglemmowski.win
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Doesn’t matter. Vance promised to do what Pence refused to and would decertify election results that disallow a 3rd term.

• idiomaddict@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

It’s not the election results that disallow a third term. Hilariously, it was the republicans who banned it.

• spongebue@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

To save everyone born after 1965 a click or two, the 1980 VP nominees were Bush Sr. and Walter Mondale. The latter lost in a landslide, so I’d assume that was the unpopular one.

• jordanlund@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Call me cynical, but Trump picked him a) because of his conservative bonafides, and b) to counter Harris in the debates. “I can’t be a racist, look who I married! My kids are multi-cultural!”

• just_another_person@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Too late now. Let’s see them try and simply swap him out now. Too much horse trading has been done by the Billionaire Boys Club, and I’m sure there a bunch of FEC rules surrounding campaign money once the ticket is set.

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Well they’re claiming Biden broke laws by stepping down. So by definition the most preferable thing to do as a Republican is to be the biggest hypocrite possible. So honestly I’d expect them to try and change the ticket

• just_another_person@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

LOLZ. They’re claiming a lot of things. Biden didn’t step down, and hasn’t. He simply stopped his run for President. He wasn’t even the nominee yet. He didn’t break any laws. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard yet from them. Where was this?

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

That’s what stepping down means in this context. Where aren’t they saying it? Seems like you’re taking a tongue in cheek comment a bit too seriously