Article details how reporter – pre-armed with relevant facts and cameras – confronts neoNazis in Tennessee. | Excerpts:

Members of the Goyim Defense League harassed people in the heart of Nashville’s entertainment district, berating a lesbian mom who had just left a restaurant.

Later, the neo-Nazis assaulted a bartender who had confronted the group.

“I’m curious: Why Nashville? Why did you guys choose Nashville?” I asked Minadeo.

A fellow GDL member, Nicholas Bysheim, quickly answered.

“It’s the only place that respects freedom of speech,” Bysheim said.

Minadeo added, “Yeah, this city respects freedom of speech, but communist Jews like yourself don’t.”

A Californian who moved to Florida, Minadeo leads the hate group as it goes around the country trying to create scenes that they hope will bring them attention and followers.

One of their favorite tropes: Falsely accusing Jews of being pedophiles.

Over and over, it became clear that these are people who are blind to any facts that don’t support their hate.

These are really pathetic human beings.

They are the only ones who seem not to know it.

• Ferrous@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

This journalist just gave us a masterclass in everything you shouldn’t do when interacting with nazis: appeals to logic, appeals to emotion, bringing up facts and logic, and ultimately platforming them. This is the kind of liberalism that promotes fascism. There is no excuse to give fascists time on TV and to platform them. There is no “debating” fascists. There is only violence.

• octopus_ink@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Imagine being so wrapped up in your hateful bullshit that you are terrifying young children on the street and you still think you are the good guy.

• pingveno@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

No, no, grown men making little girls cry is just normal and an essential part of free speech.

• Che Banana@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

The GDL’s founder — a failed rapper and actor named Jon Minadeo who recently moved to Florida after he was fired from a catering business in California owned by his parents — was himself arrested in Palm Beach in February for littering offenses involving the fliers

From another article, lo fuckingl the dudes parents fired him!

• Fizz@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Goyim Defense League

That would be funny if they were 16 and not fully grown men.

• memfree@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

And cameras. Don’t forget to record what they are doing. I feel like this sort of interaction could go really wrong if there isn’t a video record.

• Dagwood222@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

“When I hear ‘culture,’ I reach for my gun” is a favorite quote of Nazis.

Their take is always whoever shoots first wins.

• NatakuNox@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

The Nazies sure stopped trying to have a conversation when the reporter asked if the known pedophile in their group wasn’t hiding behind one of the hoods/masks.

• LalSalaamComrade@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Jon Minadeo II is also an indophobe, it seems. But little does this clown know that the Aryans that these neo-Nazis claim to be, used to live in modern-day Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan and north India? The word ‘Arya’ means noble and honorable one, and this clown is neither of that.

• prole@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

The “Aryans” these clowns claim to be never actually existed, they’re some lame occult-adjacent bullshit cooked up by Himmler et. al. to sell the big lie.

• nohaybanda [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

EDIT: Saw this was .ml so I’m gonna try to be nicer about it

The issue with neonazi’s is not that they misuse and abuse words, history, rhetoric. Though they certainly do.

The solution to neonazi’s then is not to correct them on their lexicon or try to catch them in a logical fallcy or a lapsus.

Flippantly, the cure is simple: cure-for-fascism

Less flippantly, the cure is organized, militant worker movements willing and prepared to resist the reactionary violence that is sure to come as the West steadily loses its hegemonic status in the world. The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters. And you don’t debate a vampire that’s got his fangs in your neck. You go get a stake.

• memfree@lemmy.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Not sure if the boy works here, but… @aihorde@lemmy.dbzer0.com draw for me REAL Americans FIGHT Nazis!

Style:sovietpropaganda

• Nobody@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Fantastic article. Gets right to the heart of the problem. Angry people disappointed with how their lives turned out feel like they have to cling to something. Something that gives them the value that they don’t see in themselves as individuals.

Race is an easy crutch. There are centuries of bullshit pseudoscience about skull shapes and whatnot for them to discover. And most of all, it gives them enemies. They can take all that hate and frustration they feel in their own lives and direct it outwardly.

It’s ultimately sad and pathetic. Maybe if people like this had economic opportunities, better education, etc. they wouldn’t have the underlying self-loathing that leads them down this path.

• arswaw [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

This is great but the interviewer should’ve asked why the member who tried to meet up with a child was kicked out if it really was a police setup.

• CableMonster@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

What are the nazis going to do to you that you are worried about? Is it better for you to know who is a nazi, or for them to work behind the scenes?

• Wakmrow [he/him]@hexbear.net
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

I like how you frame this as if your argument isn’t tired as hell. We’ve all heard the “let sunlight be the disinfectant” garbage.

Fun fact, Nazis won’t do shit to me, they’d welcome me with open arms.

• CableMonster@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 month ago

That is not what I said, I want to know what danger those people pose to you (or anyone else) that you NEED to use violence against them. What particular danger?

• CableMonster@lemmy.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  1 month ago

So then any group harassing people in the streets we should start punching them if we suspect they are part of that group?

• homicidalrobot@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

I’d rather know. Having spent a large portion of my education in the US southeast, I’ve been embarrassed in public by people I considered friends until they said something unacceptable. Whether it’s “being rude to the help” at a restaurant, getting drunk and harassing someone over race, whatever, I’ve not hesitated throughout my life to tell prejudiced people to shut the fuck up and find a new ride home or a new set of friends.

It’s surprisingly easy to remove yourself from someone you know is denying you a ton of social opportunity. If someone is automatically threatening in your mind because of their race or gender alone, you’re weak, you’re immature, and you drag down everyone who takes time to validate your bullshit insecurities by talking about it, much less participating in it. Delete your twittter account

• CableMonster@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 month ago

I would agree, I want to know so that its not some 4chan in real life thing. Start punching people that allegedly nazis and they will group together stronger and gain sympathy.

• Dessalines@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 month ago

That’s your takeaway from the above image?

Do you agree with gandhi that Jews should lay down their weapons, and offer themselves to nazi knives?

• Ferrous@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Insulting to small-chinned comrades. Just because they’re nazis doesn’t mean body shaming is okay.

• Enkrod@feddit.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

I agree, the subtext of this comic could be read as if it was okay if they were all blond, blue eyed chads.

If the “masterrace” people were all ultra good looking, highly educated supermodels, they’d still be wrong, evil and ugly on the inside.

• InputZero@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

Just because they’re Nazi’s means almost anything is okay. Body shame them away. They’re not going to give you or me the basics of human respect so why should I? Almost every Nazi I’ve met is a fat, ugly, neck beard who would rather force everyone to change around them than to change themselves. See how easy that was?

• Ferrous@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

You can body shame fascists until the cows come home. Still won’t do jack shit. The only winning strategy is violence.

Would you call a fascist the R word? How about the N word? If you found a fascist in a wheelchair, would you start talking up low blows? Leftist ought to see no utility in body shaming, we are above that. It doesn’t work anyway.

• InputZero@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 month ago

If they’re a fascist and what I’m saying is getting under their skin, yeah I’ll call them all that. With apologies to the groups that I disparage.

• jordanlund@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Preacher by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon. Specifically #46, reprinted in the collection “Preacher: Salvation”.

Really, all of Preacher though is just solid gold. Shame the TV show didn’t do it justice.

• RubyRhod@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

I’m new to lemmy. Am I allowed to suggest killing all of these doods? If not, can I at least put castration on the table?