• BossDj@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

As long as it gets more people to listen to one of his STUPIDEST rants of all time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bMNMt5FdVwg&pp=ygUSVHJ1bXAgYm9hdHMgc2hhcmtz

It has to be a record amount of just the dumbest crap he’s ever said in under 3 minutes. He’s not actually lying about stuff, it’s him fundamentally not knowing super basic science and just putting full display how fucking dumb he is.

He manages to fail:

1. Understanding buoyancy

2. Being unaware that gas powered boats also have batteries

3. Quoting someone as if they agreed with him that was absolutely an insult

4. Disagreeing with a marine biologist on how sharks work

5. Not understanding electrical current travels in water

• ChaoticNeutralCzech@feddit.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Your point #2 is misleading. Though he didn’t explicitly mention it, the battery he refers to is the high-voltage Li-Ion battery (about 400 V) not the lead-acid starter battery, which is 15 volts when fully charged (on most boats). (I can imagine that’s because he doesn’t understand the technology; he’s been seen ranting about mercury in energy-saving lamps in 2020, well after LEDs superseded fluorescent lamps in all applications.)

Still, the short-circuit current is unlikely to paralyze anyone swimming reasonably far. The easiest way to see if electric boats are indeed hazardous is death statistics. I’m pretty sure there are way fewer electrocution cases at sea than, say, gun deaths.

• PhlubbaDubba@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

I swear Harris trying to be the hip young meme conscious candidate because she’s only middle aged instead of “was in Methuselah’s graduating class” has already hit the barrier of “so cringe it’s almost gotten funny again.”

Especially since her social media team seems to actually understand how to be loud about confronting the enemy on the internet and making them look dumb.

• LEDZeppelin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

My theory is he thinks it’s a genius thing that he can pronounce “electrocution”. That’s why he keeps repeating that specific word for as many times as possible in his story

• ChaoticNeutralCzech@feddit.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

SADAGHDAR, Mehdi “ElectroBOOM”. “New Flywheel Free Energy?! Can Boat Battery Fry You? LATITY-013.” YouTube, 29 June 2024, www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDP6TzkVfII&t=410. Accessed 27 July 2024.

• Prunebutt@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

I thought this community was “political memes”. Not “political shitposts”.

WTF is this supposed to be? Funny? Orange man bad, Kamala good?

• balderdash@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

The mods won’t remove this because it agrees with “THE MESSAGE” but this is arguably not a meme.

• balderdash@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

idk, but I just got a meme deleted by a mod because it was “a rant described as a meme”. (It was in the Pepperidge Farm format). The rules here are inconsistent but what else is new

• mad_asshatter@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

Thanks for the lack of details along with the faraway cage over your lead box, so we could empathize!

• 𝔼𝕩𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕒@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Memes generally have text, or use an exploitable (think like a funny face or advice animals where you see a thousand of the same pic, but different text or “white bar” memes. They can be edited quickly or have a reactionary image allowing them to match context to several situations, like a reaction.

Shitposts generally feature no text, and are a self contained image/joke. Shitposts tend to follow a Theme of the image itself and thus follow an in-joke rather than reactions to common conversation. They do not require context usually. Shitposts often do not require prior knowledge of something like memes do. Shitposts are often the subject of the “brainrot” criticism due to the ability to just appear as a nonsensical image to someone unaware of the in-joke.

Memes can be shitposts, or can be OF shitposts, especially when they require knowledge of another meme or shitpost (a tier 2 or 3 meme) and there’s a bit of crossover when you come to things like this.

This image is probably shitpost, not a meme, by these standards. However I’m just a random poster of stuff on the internet, not an authority to dictate what others post. FWIW if it’s funny and there’s not a Sublemmy for both, it’s probably fine here.