• /home/pineapplelover@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 days ago

I thought people were protesting Seinfeld because Jerry is a pedophile and Zionist. Nonetheless, it is a funny show. Also, try Curb Your Enthusiasm.

• SaveMotherEarthEDF@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 days ago

I don’t know about any protests and I don’t care enough to stop watching it.

But embarrassingly enough I actually watched all the seasons of Curb a few months back and finally decided to try the Seinfeld. I was expecting it to be the usual sitcom routine but I shouldn’t have prejudged it esp considering Larry’s sense of humor.

• /home/pineapplelover@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 days ago

I think I was in your shoes too. I remember watching some episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm, then I stopped for some reason. Then I watched Seinfeld and continued watching Curb Your Enthusiasm after.

• Hossenfeffer@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 days ago

Gary Oldman’s Jackson Lamb is the most perfect portrayal of a character from a book I’ve ever seen. I’d read three or four of the books before the first series came on, and when I saw him on screen for the first time I was blown away. The look, the delivery of his lines, everything is spot on.

• Pringles@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 days ago

He’s a brilliant character. My wife and I regularly refer to him in real life (e.g. she will call me Jackson Lamb when I’m eating sloppily).

• Retreaux@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

I caught Beetlejuice Beetlejuice and it was a fun time, I appreciated the practical effects and dourly hilarious dialogue and characters. Not a huge Juice head, but I thought it was a fun popcorn movie.

• Reef@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

The Accountant

• It was fun

Project Power

• loved this one

The Fall Guy

• it had some good scenes, but I found myself getting bored during a lot of the dialogue
    • neomachino@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 days ago

My wife and I watched the fall guy while we worked last night. We both thought it was a really good movie but weren’t fully paying attention. There were a few scenes that had us both shutting our laptop lids a little waiting to see how it played out.

• HipsterTenZero@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

Deep Space 9, Episode 6.

I’ve never watched anything Star Trek before, and DS9 is shaping up to be a pretty damn good start to the series. Benjamin Sisko was a super engaging character right away, and I’m really enjoying moving through each of the cast and getting to understand them.

This one was the O’Brien episode with Tosk.

DS9 'Captive Pursuit' spoiler

I really like weirdo characters that make sense within their own context, and Tosk definitely checks those boxes. Even if the whole institutionalized bloodsport thing is fucked up, by the end of the episode it was hard not to think of OBrien’s call to let the hunt continue as the correct choice. :::

• elucubra@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

finished DARK. Woahhhh!!! Starting The Acolyte. So far kind of meh. If by next chapter doesn’t improve, I’ll stop.

• driving_crooner@lemmy.eco.br
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

The rings of powers, only Murders on the building and Snowpiercer.

For movies Kind of Kindess, love it. Latitmos is the best. The Favorite and Poor Things were good, but didn’t felt as much as their style, but Kind of Kindness is right on his field.

• driving_crooner@lemmy.eco.br
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 days ago

I think is Ok, and I like it like that. People expect every show to being Game of Thrones 9.9/10, and anything that doesn’t get to that is completely trash, but they’re space for 7/10 shows too.

I’m enjoying the pace of this season, were they don’t feel the need to show every character on every episode, and they don’t feel all over the place.