• finitebanjo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

I like to use a higher ratio of brown sugar and butter, and anybody who wants to take my soft chewy cookies from me can fight me.

• Rose Thorne(She/Her)@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          3 days ago

Otis Spunkmeyer is the brand. We use the same cookies at my job. The secret is to let them sit for about 20-30 minutes after pulling the dough from the freezer(it’s pre-shaped discs), and only bake them for 10-12 minutes at 350 fahrenheit instead of the recommended 15-16.

EDIT: And to anyone who loves those mini chocolate chip cookies some bakeries carry, Hope’s Country Fresh Cookies. Same thing, let 'em thaw a little and underbake for a soft, chewy cookie.

EDIT: EDIT: Sorry, I’m bored as fuck at work, and realized I can share another trade secret. Got some of these cookies getting near sell-by? They’ve firmed up. Get yourself a jar of buttercreme icing, and an icing bag. Load the bag up, cut a decent sized point out of the tip, and make sandwich cookies. Fuckin’ bomb, buttercreme works best as the filling.

• 👍Maximum Derek👍
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

I found that out the hard way, trying to make a cookie the size of a brown dwarf star. I shook the flour bag a little too vigorously and, uh-oh spagettification-o’s.