• ScoopMcPoops@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    39 minutes ago

That guy rubbed me the wrong way especially at the end talking about how you can’t trust people “related to the pirating scene” and their claims about Denuvo, but you can totally trust the people who make it and need to make money off it.

Also the Denuvo dude referencing a study and using it to show why companies need Denuvo and then walking it back and saying he doesn’t trust the study because it also shows that after 3 months it’s useless was honestly just kind of funny.

I guess since I’ve pirated a game before I’m “related to the scene” so my opinion therefore is invalid in the eyes of the all mighty denuvo but I hope they crash and burn, and if it’s true that they hire the people who crack their games I hope they fuck it up from the inside while getting paid.

• warm@kbin.earth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    46 minutes ago

Most games with denuvo are not even worth playing. If you are scared of piracy, then your game fucking sucked to begin with.

• Zagorath@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 minutes ago

I just read that Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 has apparently said it’s gonna use Denuvo. It’s the first time a game that’s been on my radar has used it to my knowledge. I saw some comments where people said they’ll just wait a year until it’s removed and then buy it. Fuck that. You screw me over at release and I’ll just pirate it. I still haven’t finished the first game so waiting until it’s cracked is no issue.

• henfredemars@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 minutes ago

I wonder how it feels putting all this work into these protections only for your game to get cracked anyway.

It’s almost like this strategy doesn’t actually work.