• animist@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

If the ex somehow comes up in conversation, just say “we just weren’t compatible and broke things off amicably, and are both better people now” and leave it at that

• CareHare@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I made this mistake (had a relationship for 8 years that started when I was 16) at the time, so I had zero dating experience. The girl I had a date with thought: “ok, then this’ll just be a one night stand, he’s not bad looking.”

More than 6 years later we’re married with a daughter, dog and cat.

• gamer@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Idk what you mean by “poop post”, but you reminded me of a story my grandma told me about when she was a little girl. She’s from Cuba, and her parents would sometimes take her to visit some distant relatives which were basically mountain people. Like, straight up neanderthal living-in-the-wilderness type stuff.

She said that they had a “poop stick”, which was like a tree branch they would use to wipe their ass after shitting. It was a community thing too, like a public toilet. Everyone in the village would share it, just rub their shitty ass on it after crapping into (I assume) a hole in the ground.

My grandma also likes to make things up to be funny, so idk how true that is.

• phorq@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

What if it’s a really nice sturdy table and you don’t want your date taking it home with them?..

• LLovegood@mujico.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Well, I (unintentionally) called someone ugly after she removed her mask, there was no second date

• AlolanYoda@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

How do you do that unintentionally?? Did you just blurt it out? Did she remove the mask and you couldn’t hold in an “eugh”? I must know!

• LLovegood@mujico.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

It went something like:

- You had never seen me without it, right?

- No, you look older

(Brief awkward silence)

- I feared you would say that

- (freezes)

Then she told me she is insecure about that, I think she is actually like 3 years older than most of her classmates and some mock her because of that.

I didn’t think she was ugly, to me I was just pointing something out, and only realized I probably insulted her until days later. And I’m pretty sure I said more stupid things, if you want i‘ll try to remember.

Also, if something reads weird, my native language is not english.

• flashmedallion@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Complain about things.

Unless it’s something you can keep lighthearted, and maybe make a point with in a funny way. But just bitterly bitching about something in your life is probably the worst (normal) thing you can do. That or treat service staff badly.