• Pinklink@lemm.ee
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Seriously, that seems like what this poster is actually promoting. Whoever made it/put it up in the office wasn’t working particularly intelligent that day

• DaddleDew@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Management not providing their employees with adequate tools to do their job while also keeping them in the dark about the greater picture of their company. Ignoring their employee’s problems and then blaming those who try to solve it on their own.

• Annoyed_🦀 🏅@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Blue collar with forklift and trolley looking at a bunch of office dweller in suits pushing cube be like:

• li10@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

This is unrealistic, the client would never say thank you.

In my experience they’d carry on complaining, even after an apology and saying it’ll be put right.

• webghost0101@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

Thats “po-tay-to po-taa-to” if you have social anxiety to be fair. A bit like saying smart people instead of scientist.

Also one can have a phobia or struggle with the challenge phones have of being live audio without visual ques, without having any other anxiety for live socializing.

• pearsaltchocolatebar@discuss.online
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

No, social anxiety and introversion are completely different things.

Social anxiety means that social situations cause you anxiety.

Introversion means that social situations drain energy.

Extroversion means that social situations give energy.

You can absolutely be an extrovert and have social anxiety.

• webghost0101@sopuli.xyz
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 months ago

Ah i see what you mean, medically speaking you are indeed very correct but i feel like words like introversion (and even social anxiety) have grown allot in public use where they are understood beyond the stricter scope of a medical diagnosis.

I wont use semantics to argue actual science but i do often consider that scientific definitions can and do evolve just like language. I fit quite a few criteria and have more then one diagnosis, yet i experience nuance beyond the strict definitions. I know many social events that are draining, and some that give energy, Many social settings i have anxiety about, and some where i am confident.

• saigot@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 months ago

Yeah so if your job involves a lot of social energy you might not have enough energy to make a bunch of phone calls. Like it’s a little hyperbolic, but if I have to do a lot of talking to contractors I’m taking a full half day because after that I am going to want to sleep.

• Land_Strider@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Or, you know, someone who doesn’t immediately resort to complaining or accusing new people of ill-intent to employ intimidation… There is a big overlap of the two groups, isn’t there?

• Zerush@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Egipcian: 𓉔𓅱𓃭𓂧𓐍𓅓𓇌𓐍𓃀𓅂𓅂𓂋 (Hold my beer)

• Jorgelino@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Also, even if they didn’t need to specifically be cubes, he still left part of the object behind.

Does it not matter how much he brings to the end?

Is the requirement for success here solely his speed?

Why not ditch the cube altogether?

Or is it a sum of both speed and “cube mass”?

If so, how much can he shave off and still compensate by being fast?

Could you just cut a small piece of it and sprint to the end?

Is there a minimum amount you need to bring?

So many questions…

• cordlesslamp@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Even if what he did was legit, then cutting the cube into a cylinder would be a smarter choice. Maybe not even a full cylinder, an octagon or something like that would have roll fine and saved so much work.

• averyminya@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

The real solution is to cut a square cube than the square needed by the end of travel, cut the large cube into a sphere and then transport it then cut the sphere into the cube with the right size.

Or use wheels.

• SuperDuper@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Why waste time carving it into a perfect sphere? They could have saved a ton of time by just making a wheel instead.

• Honytawk@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

If the point of the work was to deliver cubes, then it wouldn’t be working smart.

But since the original premise was that they were working smart, that means it doesn’t matter what shape the objects are delivered in.

• MrVilliam@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

It all makes sense, then. The logical conclusion of this business attitude is enshittification. Cut corners to bolster quantity at the sacrifice of quality. Then they lay people off because they don’t actually care about higher quantity either, just minimizing labor costs.

• Shard@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

No. Its one of those stupid motivational posters that doesn’t make sense.

If he wanted to work smart sphere guy could have simply made a cylinder. It would have taken him less time to carve and transportation would have been just as easy, if not easier than the sphere because the ground pressure is spread over a larger surface area.

He’s also lost about 48% of the original product. If he had made a cylinder, he’d only have lost 21% of the original product.

If it doesn’t matter how much got delivered, then just trim a corner off and deliver that. He could have put it in his pocket and simply walked over.

• RememberTheApollo_@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Hah, love all the suits. This poster is for management. They see how smart they imagine themselves being the one whittling the sphere out of a block.

But what we don’t see is the frontline employees that queried the block, loaded it, shipped it, and did all the work of carving it. But the suit takes credit for it.

• Pratai@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

So you didn’t get that the cubes simply represent anything from products to ideas?

What we don’t see here really, is the unnecessary explanation that the ideology behind this image is to “think outside the box.”

• Darkassassin07@lemmy.ca
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

The sphere looks taller than the cubes.

Perhaps it’s a mouldable material like clay to be re-shaped, or hard but to be cut down to a cube on-site.

• Land_Strider@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

The other non-cube transporter:

Why work at all when you can just shatter the damn thing with a knife (?) you can also leave at the scene? Don’t transport any damn thing!

• EmergMemeHologram@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Also if you push the front edge will dig into the ground, the force vector you apply has a downward component.

If the employees pulled it would lift the front edge and avoid the cubes getting stuck on obstacles.