• Rom [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

They want a president who listens and delivers. That’s Joe Biden.

Then why did they vote uncommitted?

We will earn their votes between now and November.

This is what a complete denial of reality looks like.

• SacredExcrement [any, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

We know that nearly all of the folks voting uncommitted do not support the extremism, the xenophobia, and incompetence of Donald Trump

is pretty hilarious too, even ignoring that Joe is all of those things

When said voters are voting in dem primaries against your guy where he’s the only candidate, the hell makes you think they’re all gonna turn out to vote for him in November? Many of them are just gonna stay home lmao, it isn’t just a binary

• TerminalEncounter [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I wonder what happened when an unpopular candidate - one especially unpopular in the Midwest and Michigan in particular - ran just assuming they’d all flock to the Dems when Trump stood as the opposing choice? 🤔

What do you mean 2016 Hillary? I don’t understand. I am a liberal, my horizon exists only within a few years ago.

• betelgeuse [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

We have to stop Trump. He’s threatening our democracy in which people vote “uncommitted” to a candidate and the representative of the candidate ignores that and says “no they really do want our candidate.” You know democracy, that thing where you tell the leaders what you want and they correct you.

• MorelaakIsBack [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

110k voters go “uh so my part of the contract is gonna go unsigned until i see some tangible actions taken towards ending the genocide we are perpetuating”

Biden: welp, that didn’t happen. Kamala, did you see anything? i sure didn’t

• hotcouchguy [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Insane levels of double-speak to say “we will earn their votes between now and November” after describing your strategy of changing nothing and assuming people will fall in line.

• D61 [any]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

They’re not even saying they’ll earn votes, just that this protest vote is meaningless and can be ignored.

• Doubledee [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I mean to be fair to them it worked out last time. They have no real reason to think people won’t fall in line now, certainly not enough to justify changing their evil policies over it.

• crusa187@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Last time trump’s failure to handle Covid was fresh in people’s minds and definitely influenced votes. That isn’t nearly as relevant anymore (sadly.)

Now we have 4 years of Biden only delivering on his donor promise of “nothing will fundamentally change.” People’s material living conditions have continued to degrade under his stewardship. Meanwhile, Biden is actively enabling a genocide, and the dems’ pathetic rallying cry is “Trump will genocide worse!”

I didn’t think the dems could continue to get even worse at politics, but here we are, and it’s looking like a very dark November is coming.

• Greenleaf [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

The fact that libs are so desperate to get everyone to believe the economy is going great actually (and you’re just an unserious dum dum if you think Bidenomics isn’t working) tells me they absolutely know the economy sucks and they are shitting their pants over it. Because “it’s the economy, stupid” is actually a reliable predictor of how people ultimately end up voting.

• Egon [they/them]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

Part of that I suppose is also that Biden didn’t handle COVID better than Trump. He just declared it over and called it a day. At least trump gave financial aid

• Des [she/her, they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

conspiracy time: a backdoor deal is made with trump from the biden admin.

it includes promises like charges dropped, pardons, and making his state problems go away. all he has to do is be virulently pro-genocide on the campaign. i mean openly calling for U.S. boots on the ground, U.S. ground invasions of Lebanon and Yemen, and promises of full air support at israel’s disposal, no questions asked. they even give him notes to read.

and he’s so deflated at this point that he takes the out instead of being usual trump.

all just to make himself seem the worst choice. bing bam he loses by some margin and his problems go away.

• FlakesBongler [they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Some of them might, yes

But so many more will see their supposed champion continue to spill the blood of the innocent, continue to let the world fall down around him, continue to drag us all closer and closer to destruction and realize that we can do better

We have to