• BelieveRevolt [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

He doesn’t even sleep next to a real gun, it’s a replica from Blade Runner or something.

edit: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, at least his taste in games isn’t as bad as everything else about him.

• Egon [they/them]@hexbear.net
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              4 months ago

I haven’t even played the game, but I remember it being so shit that it spread outside of the soulsborne sphere.
              Can you explain what’s going on? Apparently he has some trinket that shows he’s a doofus?

• mustGo [any]@hexbear.net
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                4 months ago

I haven’t played elden ring as much as the other games, but here are some things:

• Having two shields on the same arm gives you the weight penalty of both shields with almost no benefit.
                • He has a bow equipped, but no arrows. Arrows are free, there is no penalty to equipping them.
                • He has two swords equipped in the same hand, both do magic damage and are about the same speed I think? Almost no benefit switching between them.
                • I don’t know enough to comment on the trinkets
                • He doesn’t have the health or mana flasks on the hotbar, only the customized alchemy flask that has only 1 use per rest.
                • His equip load is nearly maxxed out, which means he doges very slowly with few iframes and a heavy controller vibration every time he hits the ground.
                • Having most of his stats in magic makes it really weird that there is no mana/FP flask on the hotbar. Like does he only summon his 3 spirits to fight and only cast one FP-bar of spells?

I also heard that he posted this very early after the game came out and he is in the winter/mountain biome which is kind of late game. That implies he put a lot of hours in to get there with this build and was in fact not working his 20h grindset a day at tesla.

• barrbaric [he/him]@hexbear.net
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  4 months ago

I don’t know enough to comment on the trinkets

Radagon’s Soreseal boosts all physical stats at the expense of lowering damage resistance. He’s using Rogier’s Rapier and Moonveil, both of which have predominantly INT scaling, making this mostly useless; the vigor will be cancelled out by the increased damage taken and likewise he’s using the endurance to wear heavier armor which cancels out. The str does nothing, moonveil has B dex scaling at +10 so that’s maybe doing a tiny amount.

The turtle talisman boosts stamina recovery a little. It’s fine, but also not really enough to matter. Long gone are the days of the Chloranthy Ring.

Graven school boosts spell damage, which is actually good (assuming he casts spells, which…).

Crimson amber medallion +1 gives +7% HP, which is okay, but there are definitely better options.

Other fun facts:

• You can only summon one spirit ash at a time so there’s 0 reason to have 3 on the hotbar
                  • Crystal darts on hotbar???
    • poppy_apocalypse [he/him, any]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

The fact that you’ve got “Replica” written on the side of your guns. And the fact that I’ve got “Desert Eagle .50” written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now fuck off!

• happybadger [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I love when one of his goober serfs does this, not realising that they need him as much as he needs them. He’s so fundamentally unlovable that he can’t even buy it as the wealthiest man on earth, while End Wokeness is a generic 4chan Nazi who has zero niche to replace being a sycophant with. It kills one bird with a stone while a second bird dies inside.

• huf [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

if he said anything at all, he said it in greek, and didnt call him by his name, so no. the latin thing is a shakespearean invention i think.

• Egon [they/them]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

If we’re going for realism he’d probably not be saying a whole lot after he got stabbed for the umpteenth time, even if the knife was led by his adoptive son

• Owl [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Nominative - Brutus got on his horse.

Genitive - He got on horse Bruti. (“He got on Brutus’s horse” - look I don’t know how to make that look right in English)

Dative - He gave the horse to Bruto.

Accusative - The horse bit Brutum.

Vocative - Brute, get on the horse.

Ablative - He stole the horse from Bruto.

Think that sucks? The plurals are Bruti, Brutorum, Brutis, Brutos, Bruti, and Brutis.

• btbt [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Ok but imagine being married to Mark Zuckerberg for over a decade, like the dude literally doesn’t have a personality what would you even talk to him about

• oregoncom [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

I mean he’s a robot but from what I can tell he and his wife met in college and have a normal relationship. She probably has the same personality tbh.

• CTHlurker [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Zucc met his wife at Harvard, so I assume that she is about as blank of a person as he is, which would make for a very harminious relationship

• RyanGosling [none/use name]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

He’s a billionaire. And I’m sure she’s made millions doing whatever she does. They’re having freaky sex somewhere on an island in front of their bodyguards and there’s probably illegal activity going on anyway.

There was a user here who apparently worked in the Silicon Valley scene and claimed that his wife was present at sex parties hosted by the nerds there

• Des [she/her, they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

because he’s talking to the all-emcompassing spacegod in a floating void while he looks at his phone screen through a tiny stretched pinprick of external experience after blasting 200mg of keta-forte in solution up his nose