• forgedchaos@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    27 days ago

May be something related to child resistant packaging. From the CPSC FAQ on the Poison Prevention Packaging ACT “For a package to be child-resistant, at least 85% of tested children must not be able to open the package during the first 5 minutes of the test”.https://www.cpsc.gov/FAQ/PPPA

• brbposting@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

The bad news is your home is gone and your child with it in the massive flameball. The good news is, while we can’t quite say your kid was gifted

• 5oap10116@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      27 days ago

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists (in reference to why the Yosemite garbage cans are difficult to use)

• Case@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        27 days ago

Worked in Yellowstone.

The bears are smarter than the majority of tourists.

Humans, being able to read and having signs posted in multiple languages for them, choose to ignore the various hazards and blunder through them.

Bears, only rarely, if ever, find themselves in trouble with natural features. And they can’t read the warning signs.

• TheDorkfromYork@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          27 days ago

Design a camp ground so that people who don’t read the rules naturally fall in a pit that the rules warned about. Clear out the pit about sunset, and bus the pit folk to a motel.

• Soku@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            27 days ago

Is that pit lined with mattresses so that those peeps will just isolate themselves for a day? I read the first sentence and nodded in approval: let the natural selection take the wheel but the second sentence made it much more humane.

• dual_sport_dork@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    27 days ago

I believe it is indicating that the child lock is only 85% effective.

How the hell they arrived at that number we may never know, but I’ll bet you it’s buried on page 4,987,253 in clause 6, subsection 8 of European Union Product Safety Report 156.421a. Or something.

• MajorHavoc@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    27 days ago

That baby icon clearly doesn’t like fire very much. Or maybe it’s mourning that it only has a 15%, per attempt, at stealing fire from the gods.

• I_Fart_Glitter@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    27 days ago

Where did you find this? What is the graphic to the left?

I don’t think it’s related, but there is a brand of sewing/embrodery machines called Baby Lock (as in smaller, home use version of an industrial overlocker sewing machine). Its logo is just the words Baby Lock inside an oval, nothing with babies or locks.