• TransplantedSconie@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Hold the debate anyway, and if he doesn’t show up, replace him with a cardboard cutout with a recording of his greatest hits:

Sharks vs. Batteries

My Uncle The Nuclear Scientist

Inject Bleach

Shine a UV Light Inside the Body

Hannibal Lector is Awesome

• rustyfish@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

“Shouldn’t the Republican Party be reimbursed for fraud in that everybody around Joe, including his doctors and the Fake News Media, knew he was not capable of running for, or being, President?” Trump wrote. “Just askin’?”

Maybe this wouldn’t have happened if you had actual talking points on politics, which is what you should do when you are running for president.

Your whole strategy is slander and lying. Now you are the presidential candidate equivalent of that one guy who cries about politics in memes on a political meme board! You are admitting of literally doing this!

• SolidGrue@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

To be fair, he’s like 34 times better at it than most people. Even the courts say so.

• Asafum@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

It’s one of the things he does that absolutely infuriates me. Everyone else is a crook, a fraud, anti-american, but ol dipshit Donnie is supposed to be the beacon of truth and compassion?

Give me a fucking break…

• CharlesDarwin@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Even worse is when the gaslighting bothsiderist “liberal media” often acts like his outbursts are worthy of consideration, and/or…but look at what this Democrat said that one time…

• bolexforsoup@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

“I object to the candidate we slandered every day and said was unfit from withdrawing from the race.”

“On what grounds?”

“It’s detrimental to my campaign.”

• meeeeetch@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

The Dems hadn’t actually nominated anyone for this election yet, that happens during the convention which is still a few weeks from now.

• CharlesDarwin@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

The big swings this guy takes are unbelievable. It’s like he says he should be allowed to have a third term because the first didn’t count because everyone didn’t love him enough.

• Mirshe@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

He actually tried this in 2020. Said that since the Dems and everyone “blocked” him so much, his first term shouldn’t count.

• IchNichtenLichten@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

If the moderators are just going to let him lie for 90 minutes without any pushback, I don’t see the point in another debate.

Fuck CNN.

• prole@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

No, the point is to drive home just how stark the difference in age and cognition is.

All it took was one bad debate for Biden (though, admittedly, Democrats don’t worship their candidates as demigods).

• collapse_already@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Let me guess, he wants the debate to not include difficult challenges like drinking water from a cup, ramps to walk on, or keeping your diaper clean.

• KevonLooney@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

He’s not even up to the challenge of answering the questions asked in the debate. I don’t even know if he can hear the questions.

Lots of people are saying that his brain issues, combined with his injured ear, impact his ability to hear the questions. They ran up to me with tears in their eyes, saying “Decrepit Don has to step down for the good of the country”. I don’t know. It’s sad.

• Treczoks@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

They could write the questions on a cardboard and hold it in front of him. But that would require him to read

• Sweetpeaches69@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

So, we are forced to spend time and money on fighting Crooked Joe Biden, he polls badly after having a terrible debate, and quits the race. Now we have to start all over again. Shouldn’t the Republican Party be reimbursed for fraud in that everybody around Joe, including his doctors and the Fake News Media, knew he was not capable of running for, or being, President? Just askin?

Fucking lmao

• ashok36@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Biden never even said he was incapable of running for or being president. He just said “it is in the best interest of my party and the country for me to stand down”. That’s it.

They’re just straight up lying about Biden’s statement but what’s new in that regard…?

• a9cx34udP4ZZ0@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

So, what he’s saying is all of his spending so far has been personal attacks, and nothing of substance about policy? Because if you had been spending your money telling us all what you’re planning on doing if you win, it wouldn’t matter who you’re running against. Oh, right, because your entire plan for presidency is project 2025 and anyone with 2 functioning brain cells thinks that plan is absolute fucking insanity, so you need to distract with personal attacks and red herrings.

• 5C5C5C@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I’ve been thinking a good line for her to whip out some time would be “From my line of work I’m accustomed to guilty felons being afraid of me, and former president Trump is clearly no exception to that.”

• Rapidcreek@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I think she should question his manhood. Literally. Think all those voters who love him for his supposed machismo will feel the same after his female opponent publicly questions his manhood?

• Empricorn@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Lol. He would never follow someone else, certainly not a Democrat (he spent more time registered as a Democrat)!

• HubertManne@moist.catsweat.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

and even if he did, they are following him, they just did it by being in front but thats because they are sneaky or actually my 5d chess is such that im in back but im really in the lead.

• vortic@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Maybe if Trump talked about anything of substance he wouldn’t be in the position of having wasted a shit load of money. Slandering Biden while also saying he was unfit to run was a risk. The real fraud is Trump taking money from gullable supporters then turning around to use it to sprew lies at the same gullable people.

• samus12345@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Why bother? Just don’t do a debate.

The fact that he’s bitching about it rather than gloating means Biden made the right choice, though.