Politics Comm can’t understand why people don’t like Harris running right at every opportunity. Must just be bad actors wanting trump to win cause they’re critical. Or just upset DNC is sprinting right after convention

• MF_COOM [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 days ago

The best case for Gaza is Harris taking a serious stand against sending weapons to Israel in order to court the many voters who have expressed that support of a genocide is a deal breaker. That won’t happen without people protesting the policies of this administration and making it clear that they won’t accept this.

Gaza protestors aren’t focusing on how they’re withholding their votes from Trump because they weren’t going to vote for Trump in the first place so there is no leverage.

• Cowbee [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 days ago

Sorry, but Harris is the best case scenario for Gaza.

Incorrect. Claudia De La Cruz, Jill Stein, and other candidates are firmly anti-genocide, unlike Harris who is pro-genocide.

Donald “Muslim Ban” Trump will help make the current situation in Gaza look quaint.

What, materially, would he do that the DNC isn’t already doing?

find it really odd that protesters in the U.S. absolutely refuse to discuss Trump -who still has a good chance of winning- in terms of Gaza.

Trump isn’t President. None of us here want Trump either, both Kamala and Trump are aligned on being pro-genocide, therefore neither is an option.

s to the degree that I firmly believe protest leadership is less about helping Gaza and more about disenfranchising Democrats.

The Democrats need to be disenfranchised if they continue to support genocide. Taking a pro-genocide stance like the DNC is a bad thing and should be punished.

And to all those who sputter, “it’s Biden/Harris paying Israel”, I say this: U.S. has been supporting Israel for 80 years and that includes the Trump administration.

Correct. Death to America, the world will not be free from the tyranny of the American Empire until it collapses. amerikkka

• edge [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 days ago

And to all those who sputter, “it’s Biden/Harris paying Israel”, I say this: U.S. has been supporting Israel for 80 years and that includes the Trump administration.

That’s why we’re voting for neither of them and consider every modern president a war criminal.

• Acute_Engles [he/him, any]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 days ago

Hey two people are offering to burn down my house and kill my family. One of them will cry and say sorry after. The other one will flip me off and piss on my shoes. I know which offer I’m going to accept! smuglord

• BodyBySisyphus [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      19 days ago

Trump could finally get the well-deserved infarction we’ve all been waiting for and y’all would instantly pivot to the next excuse for why nothing can get better ever without a hint of cognitive dissonance.

• m532 [she/her]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 days ago

“Trump shit my pants”

Trump is the new hitler for liberals. A scapegoat they can wash off all their sins on. The jesus of evil.

• Cammy [she/her]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 days ago

I’m not voting for someone complicit in genocide. If you want to, go for it, but don’t act like you kicking the can down the road for four years in any way acts as harm reduction.

• ElChapoDeChapo [he/him, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      19 days ago

I can only express my hatred for you and every genocidal liberal worm through this song

I hope it stays dark forever

I hope the worst isn’t over

I hope that you blink before I do

And I hope I never get sober

And I hope when you think of me years down the line you can’t find one good thing to say

And I hope that if I had the strength to walk out you’d stay the hell out of my way

I am drowning

There is no sign of land

You are coming down with me

Hand in unlovable hand

And I hope you die

I hope we both die