At two rallies this weekend, Trump called the vice president “mentally impaired” in comments that were criticized by some members of his own party.

Former President Donald Trump said at a rally here Sunday that Vice President Kamala Harris should be “impeached and prosecuted” for her actions related to the southern U.S. border.

He argued that people were “murdered because of her action at the border, and thousands more will follow in rapid succession,” adding, “She should be impeached and prosecuted for her actions.”

Trump also lobbed personal attacks at Harris on Sunday, echoing comments at his rally the day Saturday, when he called Harris “mentally disabled” and “mentally impaired.”

With Harris at the top of the Democratic ticket and a tight race in the final stretch of the presidential campaign, Trump’s rhetoric has escalated.

• will_a113@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 hours ago

How the fuck is this still a tight race? I just for the life of me cannot understand (I mean, I can, but… I just can’t).

• makyo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 hours ago

Yeah his schtick, while deranged and dangerous, has also become so meanderingly boring and predictable - I have no idea why anyone cares enough about him to vote for him anymore.

• Marthirial@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

• George Carlin.
      • Ferrous@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 hours ago

Fascism doesn’t come out of stupidity. It comes out of the degradation of social safety nets, education, community, and ultimately degrading material conditions.

If, in trying to understand how America is devolving into fascism, your primary question is “how can people be so stupid?”, you’ll always be confused. There isn’t some perfectly crafted argument, no perfect slam, no appeal to logic that is going to mitigate fascism. The only ways to curb fascism are to change material conditions or extinguish fascists.

• zephorah@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 hours ago

I was just listening to him today. The segment on how republicans who claim pro life are really just anti woman.

So relevant, that guy. And missed.

• CosmicTurtle0@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 hours ago

Because of racism.

They want whites in power so that brown people will suffer. They don’t care if they suffer too so long as brown people suffer more.

• ThePowerOfGeek@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 hours ago

While at the same time having the best debate ever! Everyone’s saying so. A beautiful debate. Very classy, very high energy. 90, 73, 82, 67, 85, 94, 80, 78, 91… BINGO!!!

• snooggums@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 hours ago

Yes, like most of what comes out of his mouth.

It would be awesome if he could just die from health problems since our system is too fucking broken to hold him accountable.

• Viking_Hippie@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 hours ago

It was designed for the economic elite to get away with anything up to and including murder.

It just wasn’t designed for anyone else to ever have access to enough information to find out.

• themeatbridge@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 hours ago

I don’t want him to die before he gets to prison. If that happens, he becomes a martyr. He’s in the ground never having faced any consequences for his littany of crimes.

• vaultdweller013@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 hours ago

Theyll use him as a political tool regardless, frankly speaking I want him to die on stage from an aneurism or stroke. But dont let ones wants to overshadow ones needs. We need him out of the picture I aint particularly picky on how it happens, though id prefer it to be due to health issues.

Dont complain that you want dessert when ya need food in general.

• Nougat@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 hours ago

Not pointing a finger directly at you, but I swear Trump could literally say “Go murder liberals right now,” and someone would say

Isn’t this an obvious dog whistle call for violence?

• zephorah@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 hours ago

Cluster B is heavy into projection. Not surprising.

No, it’s you doing this and being this toxic shit, accuses Cluster B. Pretty much always.

Exhausting nonsense.

• carl_dungeon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 hours ago

Trump should be put in a blender, feet first. He’s one of the worst things to happen to this country and the world, definitely top 10.

• Viking_Hippie@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 hours ago

If you get a spare for when it breaks down and a spare for that one, that should about cover it.

The rest of the billionaires we can just give the ol’ drastic French haircut, if you know what I mean 😉

• zephorah@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 hours ago

No. He’ll encourage the guy. Pretty sure Vance is going to go full Cheney, but internally, with social policy, while waiting for his handlers to tell him it’s 25th amendment time.

• mx_smith@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 hours ago

Wait didn’t the SC rule that if you murder someone while performing your presidential duties that it was not a crime?

• Optional@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 hours ago

They did, yes. Making him a probable de facto king. Completely coincidentally, and utterly unrelated to that, that’s when the assassination attempts began.

• Tolookah
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 hours ago

“I’m rubber you’re glue” seems to be his go-to.