• Petter1@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 hour ago

Yea, but nvidia on this machine just works with nouveau and wayland kde 🤷🏻 so it is a me fault, since it is most likely just a missing config

• Decency8401
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

That jar behind the kitty looks like a really creeped out face.

• AlligatorBlizzard@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      13 hours ago

I’m always going to upvote a kitty pic, and I think a random kitten can improve every comment section… but why here?

Edit: Oh, I see now.

• cygnus@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    21 hours ago

Oh no, did you enter sudo e̵͓̞͕̲̦̍̓̔ļ̸͉͎͓͠d̴̮̻̎̔͛͊̐r̴͔̰̋̌̈̽͜͝i̵̡͕̜̰̖͑͗͊̕̚t̷̼̘̓͐́c̷̨̺͠h̵͚̀͛ ̶̲̳͍̝͐̈́͘͠h̸̛͓̞̓͊̏̈́ő̸̡͖̘̮͜͠͠r̸̩̪̩̭̩̎r̸̘̠̳̈́̎̽o̴̜͍͔̖͋͝ȓ̸͍͔̈́͂̌̓ again?

• Im_old@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    19 hours ago

linux is easy… to break things. But look at all the amazing things you’ll learn recovering from that!

The pain will pass and the endorphines will be amazing. I should know, I’ve been in similar shit way too many times.

• Croquette@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      18 hours ago

Using Windows is terrible right now, but we’ve spent so much time using it that we developped workarounds and knowledge of the OS.

When you switch to Linux, it’s a different OS altogether, and that’s not counting the different flavors.

So yeah, all that to say that the pain and friction pass quite rapidly and you are left with an uncluttered OS (until you fill it up with useless crap).

Corpos have worked so hard at making the UX “seamless” that people aren’t used to fiddling with the computer anymore.

• Petter1@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 hours ago

😁 this is no pain, at least for me. It’s fun to dig for the issues

• RiQuY@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    20 hours ago

If you want an easy Linux experience maybe you should avoid installing your own WM, more if it is a tilling one.

• shrugs@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      20 hours ago

No, for fucks sake: I have no idea how Linux works and expect to be proficient after I installed ubuntu once. Must be Linux that is bad if my apt repositories don’t work on arch. Fuck it, I’ll go back to windows

• Petter1@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      20 hours ago

To be honest, I expected nothing else with my 750m mac edition running on nouveau

Probably a simple line in config to fix it, or some swap fail (there is kde visible somehow)

But first I have to fix build error of hyprland-git 🤓

• RiQuY@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 hours ago

There are distros with Hyprland already built in the repositories, not having to build something make things considerably easier.