• Iron Lynx@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

ngl, if the game’s control scheme has you control pitch and yaw with the mouse, then I find that it’s all or nothing with control inversion.

For instance, in Space Engineers, if I move as the engineer, I prefer straight controls for pitch and yaw. But when I’m piloting, I prefer inverted pitch and can wrap my mind around inverted yaw.

• jinarched@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

(Vertical Inverted) I see the joystick as my head. If I push it up forward (like my head), I’ll end up looking at my feet and if I pull it backward, I’ll be looking at the ceiling.

• tacosplease@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

Imagining it as a camera also works.

But I’m stuck inverting the y axis because of flight games when I was a kid.

My 8 year old is y axis ambidextrous. He doesn’t even notice which way it’s set.

• Glytch@ttrpg.network
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

To clarify I mean inverted y axis. It may just be that I started gaming with flight sims, but I see it less as tilting up and down and more like tilting forward and back. If you had a joystick on the top of your head and tilted it forward your head would start looking down. Likewise if you tilted it back your head would look up.

• helmet91@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

What do you mean? I once tried to ride a bike with inverted steering. It sucks. I couldn’t stay on longer than 2 seconds. Most people can’t, although there are few who have managed to learn it.

After all, your comment matches the post.