• SuperSaiyanSwag@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Last time this was posted, it was proven that the original post is satire. She posts random jokes on her insta, that tweet just took a screenshot and made a rage bait.

• lessthanluigi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

It does look like the aluminum foil you can get at the Costco food court, and this does look like Costco. Makes for a free Faraday Cage for your phone tho.

• solarvector@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Why not just line a baseball cap or wizard hat or something? Foil is pretty delicate by itself anyway.

• cynar@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

There’s a paper published somewhere on the effectiveness of tin foil hats. It turned out that “traditional” designs actually acted to focus RF energy onto the brain.

It’s been years since I saw the paper, unfortunately, so I don’t have a link to hand.

• Fermion@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

The open end of this hat makes it a resonator not a faraday cage. She needs a full suit to keep out em waves. This is more akin to bird plumage that puts her particular brand of crazy on full display.

• Match!!@pawb.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

big business replaced our pure and effective tinfoil with aluminum to stop us from protecting our brains

• kinsnik@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Doesn’t the POV imply that the person who isn’t mind controlled is the camera? So the aluminum foil-hat crazy IS BEING MIND CONTROLLED!!

• GiveOver@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

POV doesn’t have a meaning, it’s just one of those artifacts that’s been around for so long that we’ve lost the knowledge. One day we may discover its meaning but for now it’s like the pyramids or those memes that start with “Nobody:”

• GiveOver@feddit.uk
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

What’s point of view about this video? I don’t think I buy this suggestion

• Iapar@feddit.org
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

You wrote POV has no meaning. But it stands for point-of-view.

I was asking if it was a joke that you wrote that it has no meaning.

That said the joke of OP doesn’t work because it is not a POV.

• ivanafterall@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Charles McGill would scoff that she thinks this is enough to really protect her from electromagnetism.