• EdibleFriend@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I’ll never get these people. There’s this vast conspiracy… But they they intentionally leave all these fucking hints?

• Jakdracula@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

You know, when I was a kid, I’d see crazy people in asylums on TV shows like the 3 Stooges just laughing it up, having a great time. I thought “man, it must be great to be crazy, look at all the fun they’re having, not a care in the world!” Now, as a ‘grown up’, I see mental illness everywhere, and those suffering from it like Trump supporters or flat earthers or sovereign citizens are so deeply angry and sad and lost, I almost feel bad for them. Almost.

• RememberTheApollo_@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Don’t forget all the other shitty things on display. Bad habits, anger problems, addiction, poverty, ostentatious wealth, authoritarianism…. You mentioned the 3 Stooges, and man that show was full of everything wrong. But that’s what made it funny. Everyone could see some of the same thing in their daily lives.

• ettyblatant@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

You know how when you’re a teenager, you’re told you should “grow up and get a job”? Ever notice how “job” also refers to biblical texts that say at the end of your inevitable suffering, God will be with you, for he is just? Also worth noting: suffering is very close to surfing, i.e. travel via ocean, which is like a boat. Another big boat was the ark, pointing again! to the Bible. Remember when I said “grow up” earlier? That is probably because it is so close to “group”, which, with the other noted connotations, ties in with biblical stories = Bible Group. Because all of these messages come together when you are a teen, obviously we are talking about children’s Bible study. “Children’s” can be shortened to the word “chirruns”, aka “trains” so Trains Bible Study would be manufacturers instructions for freight trains, which could *also" mean “fraught trains”, because ghosts.

• pinkdrunkenelephants@lemmy.cafe
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

The fallacy, among others, they’re committing is called equivocation, by the way. They use a meaning of one word one minute and another the next, when it suits them to win the confrontation.

This is why debate and talking don’t actually solve problems. People can and will just do stupid shit like this in bad faith to get you to acquiesce to them or stop challenging them.

People like that need ass-beatings until they’re willing to conform to the dictionary’s definitions of words and the rules of debate.

• darkpanda@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Why are they so infatuated with this weirdo naval law thing they have going on? Like asking judges if they adjudicate under banner of a maritime vessel according to the Queen of Roxbury statute because otherwise their conveyance would be considered void by rite of Shaka when the walls fell. They just love maritime law for some reason.

• edgemaster72@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I’m 2 paragraphs in and I’m tapping out, I’m pretty sure I can feel my brain melting from the inside and I don’t wanna make a mess on my keyboard by reading further.

• IndiBrony@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

And why is it called tapping out? That’s right, because in professional wrestling, those who give up the fight tap the floor! They’re teaching your kids to give up! 😡

• Agent641@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

The president represent leadership. What is lead? A poisonous metal. And the president? Like the dent left in a baby’s head when the nurse drops him in the maternity ward.

It all lines up, folks.

• I Cast Fist@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

It feels like I’m reading a 4chan shitpost from someone who actually bought into all the fucking stupidity, but trimmed the part blasting the ships of relation, friend and owner.

• Mesophar@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Obviously it means dock, as in where a ship moors, and ore, a common product on ships /s

But unironocally, that’s probably exactly their reasoning…

• hogmomma@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Not something I’m particularly proud of, but at one point I was looking into the sovereign dealio with a little bit more than intellectual interest. “Are these guys on to something?” “What would happen if we ALL decided to do it?” I never went as far as getting a license plate, but… Hold on. Come to think of it, it was never even CLOSE to getting a license plate because I knew that it was all bull crap. Never mind. :)

• Alien Nathan Edward@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

dock-ore

8 fucking years I spend in meh-dickle school just for this bitch to leak the whole birth certificate scam?