• I_Fart_Glitter@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I find that if the racoon people are tasked with unloading the dishwasher on a regular basis they slowly but surely learn why we don’t set glasses face up or tupperware in with lid firmly sealed. I do step in to check that the sprayer arms aren’t blocked though as that is a one and done for the motor.

• I_Fart_Glitter@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Oh, is it? We had one break that way when I was a kid (in the 80s) and I was told it was the motor. I haven’t looked into it since. We just used the dishwasher as a dish cupboard after that and had to hand wash until that house was sold. Lol.

• flicker@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I am both. So is my partner.

We have ADHD.

On the plus side, neither of us judges the other if we come across a task poorly done.

• Aceticon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I don’t think “stacking” is the appropriate verb for how the high-on-meth raccoon types do it.

“Shove”, maybe “pile”, possibly “throw”.

• Psythik@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

How lucky are you to live in a house where somebody other than you does the dishes.

• MacN'Cheezus@lemmy.today
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

That poses the question, which one are you, Coley? Because you don’t look like a Scandinavian architect to me…

• Raiderkev@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

False. U clearly don’t live with one of the methed out coon gang. My wife puts measuring cups and similarly shaped / sized items in tf upside down so they just get filled with sediment water and grossness. Do better raccoons. Do better.

• IninewCrow@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Clean often enough to avoid food poisoning or gastrointestinal problems.

• ThatWeirdGuy1001@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

Bro my dishes are physically clean before they even go in the dishwasher. As long as the dishwasher has soap and hot water my shits clean.

• IninewCrow@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

We don’t have a dishwasher so everything is by hand. My complaint is with my wife who is great at many things but doing dishes properly is not one of them. I love her dearly but she’s the kind of person that will see a bowl that looks clean on the counter and place it back in the cabinet with all the clean ones … without remembering that we had used it for chips and it was lined with potato chip grease. I find plates, bowls, spoons, forks like this at least once a week and it drives me nuts.

• bitwaba@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

Sounds like her problem isn’t ‘doing the dishes’. It’s ‘not doing the dishes’.

• 9point6@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

Hell, just leaving it where it is for whoever is going to actually clean it is better than that!

If it looks clean and is on the drying rack it can go back in the cupboard

Regardless of if it looks clean, if it isn’t on the drying rack or in the cupboard, it needs washing again.

I’d go insane if my partner was putting dirty stuff back in the cupboards like that.

• sqw@lemmy.sdf.org
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

solution could maybe be designating a staging area for dirty dishes so theres less ambiguity