• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    50 minutes ago

I keep an extremely small 64GB USB-A/USB-C flash drive on my Keychain so I can move files between phones, phone to computer, or load movies and TV shows from a computer or phone and plug into a TV to play.

It’s only $10 and sometimes it’s very convenient to always have on hand the ability to move files around without the use of a network or the cloud or whatever. The size of it is extremely small.

Verbatim 64GB Store ‘n’ Go Dual OTG USB 3.2 Gen 1 Flash Drive for USB-C Devices – 2 in 1 Type C Thumb Drive https://a.co/d/40uW3fE

• Dran@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

DYMO Embossing Label Maker

They’re like $9 on Amazon and I label everything. I have 2 myself, and they’re also my go-to for white-elephant parties.

• Tiefling IRL@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 hour ago

You can get a wax seal kit for that much. I have a whole set now, but I seal absolutely everything. All you need is a candle, a wax melting spoon, a seal, and sealing wax

• Varyk@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 hours ago

manual pull string food processor.

I love chopping up food with it. It’s very fun and works perfectly.

immersion blender honorable mention.

• Zorsith@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 hours ago

Check your state/local laws before buying anything, not legal to own lockpicks everywhere.

• Psaldorn@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 hours ago

I wish there was a place for people to send random locks they break off or find to newbies like me. Buying a lock just to pick it feels insane, but I also want to feel that delicious click out of 1

• Itsamelemmy@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 hours ago

You can check local locksmiths. Some might be willing to sell cheap junk locks that are still good for picking. Or buy a core that can be repinned.

• cymbal_king@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 hours ago

LED adhesive strip lighting for the back of my TV. Back lighting is super soft on the eyes and with color changing you can incorporate the color to match the mood. Playing Zelda, green. Watching sci-fi blue/purple. Halloween content, orange. Etc

• khannie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 hours ago

Car charger that does the OnePlus specific fast charge thing. Cost me $12 delivered on AliExpress. Adds about 2% per minute to my phone battery. I love it so much.

It also has a second port which does “normal” fast charge for any passengers.

• slazer2au@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 hours ago

Wouldn’t that wear out the battery faster?

Faster charging means more heat, which means more ware on the battery?

• overcast5348@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

I had to get a new battery for my OP6T after using it for over 5 years - exclusively charging it using the fast charger. I’m sure that I can get another 3 years out of this phone, at the very least.

The battery + replacement service fee was around 40 USD.

I don’t expect much more from the battery TBH.

• Boozilla@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 hours ago

My basic bitch wireless phone charger stand. Holds it at a good angle so I can see when someone sending me a Teams message while I’m pretending to work.

• glimse@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 hours ago

I saw someone going off about how wireless charging is a stupid gimmick and liking it just means you fell for the marketing hype.

So I guess you and I are suckers. I love my INIU wireless charging stands that I bought 2 of for $30 or whatever

• RattlerSix@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

I love wireless charging. I don’t know how it would be a gimmick, except that it’s slower than using a cord (but I think the next generation is supposed to be really fast). They make DIY wireless chargers that you can wire up and put in things. I have two that I mounted under the little tray on top of my dash. I put my wireless charging earbuds case in the tray and it automatically charges while I’m driving. I have a flashlight that can charge there too. The tray is too small for a phone or else a phone could charge there. I’ve been thinking about putting one inside my nightstand at home https://a.co/d/gdghAWp

I also like magnetic phone holders with wireless charging. I made mine out of a different type of mount and charger but it’s something like the link. I have one mounted to my dash where I can see the phone if I need nav or something, it holds it firmly and charges as I’m driving. Also mounted one on my desk next to the computer. https://a.co/d/7pauuzO

• Trainguyrom@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 hours ago

I honestly felt wireless charging was stupid until I finally got a phone that happened to have that capability and a cheap charger gifted to me. It’s so nice especially if you use your phone as a secondary screen. And on IOS with that new thing where it shows your calendar and the weather when “docked” on a wireless charger is just a *chefs kiss*

• glimse@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 hours ago

I knew I’d like it as soon as it was announced, just not for the same reason I thought (no damaged USB ports). What I really love is not having wires everywhere that get caught on this

• Dagamant@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 hours ago

My dad had a bunch of these when I was a kid. Super durable and great as back scratchers or just a stick to play with. I bought a few after finding them online and love having them.

• trailee@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 hours ago

I got some that were nicely finished bamboo but they didn’t have enough of a sharp edge at the business end to really give a good scratch like the ones from my youth. Fortunately that was easily rectified with a couple seconds on a belt sander.

• tipicaldik@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 hours ago

Ha! I have one of these sitting next to me on my desk. It’s multi-function, as it works great for reaching up and opening and closing my curtains too.

• LainTrain@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 hours ago

Mantric Rechargeable Remote Control Knicker Vibrator I got on sale for 50% off. I’m not super into the whole public thing, but I’ve been using it way more than my magic wand, that fucking tip is shaped perfectly. Plus it would make an excellent phaser prop.