• JeeBaiChow@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    30 days ago

Lol. This is the party they want to replace ‘genocide joe’ with. Well done, kids!

• HopeOfTheGunblade@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      30 days ago

Yes but see, if we just sit on our hands and don’t vote we won’t have any responsibility for what follows! Only voting for someone who is less than ideal on this issue is a morally bad choice!

• StupidBrotherInLaw@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        29 days ago

I totally understand the point most of them are trying to make and agree with the sentiment, but they’re fucking morons. 100% absolute jibbering idiots.

This is an ugly binary choice here because the United States electoral system is a steaming pile of horse shit. Do what I, your friendly neighborhood lefty, am doing and swallow your pride and vote for center right Joe Biden because he’s leagues better than the dementia-addled, fascist Cheeto Benito. Then take all the disgust you’ve built up by voting for and living with another neoliberal corporate shill presidency and work your ass off to make sure we don’t have to keep voting between Dumb and Dumber every fucking election.

Do it because we’ll only be gently tiptoeing to the right under a Biden presidency, so it’s less likely you’ll end up in jail for discussing the “wrong” political ideology while that orange shitstained merkin would have me in jail just for writing this were it up to him. Don’t make it up to him.

• kescusay@lemmy.worldM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          29 days ago

Every time I encounter the “don’t vote” brigade, my first thought is that it’s a Russian or Chinese troll trying to get Trump elected again.

My second thought, which is a bit more nuanced, is some introspection on what Biden is actually doing. He has three options with regards to Israel, none of them good.

1. He could deny them weapons, which would inevitably lead to outright war with Iran and an increase in Russian influence in the region, as well as a loss of an ally.
          2. He could fully commit to Netanyahu’s madness (i.e., what Trump wants to do), fully empowering genocide while using no political leverage on Israel. This would also ultimately lead to broad regional warfare, which will also likely increase Russian influence in the region.
          3. He could try to limit the damage by imposing conditions on weapons sales and attempt to thread the needle, recognizing Hamas for the grotesque terrorist organization it is while using political pressure to prevent as much needless death of civilians as possible. This is what Biden is trying to do.

I don’t know that Biden is doing a very good job with #3, but #1 would be a catastrophe, and #2 is what Trump wants.

This is a shitty situation in every conceivable way. Our ally, Israel, is currently being run by a corrupt and genocidal freak. There are no good answers to a situation like that beyond Israel coming to its senses and throwing Netanyahu in prison. But there are plenty of really bad answers, and Trump would be the worst.

• JeeBaiChow@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            28 days ago

I just want to say that there’s probably a large contingent of kids who are happy doing nothing because they’re not happy with the choices, while the conservatives proceed and reelect that orange turd back into office. If you’re American, vote like your libertt depends on it, because it likely does.

• beardown@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            29 days ago

He could deny them weapons, which would inevitably lead to outright war with Iran and an increase in Russian influence in the region

Why?

He could fully commit to Netanyahu’s madness (i.e., what Trump wants to do), fully empowering genocide while using no political leverage on Israel.

Biden is doing this - he is threatening the ICC and ICJ

He could try to limit the damage by imposing conditions on weapons sales and attempt to thread the needle, recognizing Hamas for the grotesque terrorist organization it is while using political pressure to prevent as much needless death of civilians as possible. This is what Biden is trying to do.

Biden is not doing this. We have not stopped weapon shipments and have clearly been unable (more like unwilling) to stop or prevent Israel’s genocide

Also, Israel is not our ally. Their geopolitical interests align with Putin. Which is why they are trying to get Trump elected so that they can destroy the remnants of the “rules based international order” and begin in earnest their conquest of Greater Israel

• kescusay@lemmy.worldM
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              29 days ago

Why?

Because Iran is a Russian ally and Russian proxy.

Biden is doing this - he is threatening the ICC and ICJ

No, he isn’t. Where in the world are you getting the idea that he’s literally “threatening” either?

Biden is not doing this. We have not stopped weapon shipments and have clearly been unable (more like unwilling) to stop or prevent Israel’s genocide

Dude, we temporarily halted shipments earlier this month to put pressure on Netanyahu. Were you sleeping?

Also, Israel is not our ally. Their geopolitical interests align with Putin. Which is why they are trying to get Trump elected so that they can destroy the remnants of the “rules based international order” and begin in earnest their conquest of Greater Israel

Netanyahu’s interests may align with Putin, but only insofar as both seem hell-bent on destabilizing the region. Putin would gladly let Iran stroll right into Israel and slaughter everyone in it. Israel’s own actual interests do not remotely align with Putin’s.

• beardown@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                29 days ago

Because Iran is a Russian ally and Russian proxy.

Yes, but why does that mean stopping US weapons shipments to Israel would cause Iran to invade/attack/etc? Israel has a huge weapons stockpile and is still a Western ally - they just happen to be committing genocide with American funds and bombs.

Where in the world are you getting the idea that he’s literally “threatening” either?

https://www.ft.com/content/6700a246-e0cd-49d8-b5ef-d2379e86290f

“The administration of President Joe Biden will work with Congress on possible sanctions against the International Criminal Court after its prosecutor announced it was seeking arrest warrants for senior Israeli and Hamas officials, US secretary of state Antony Blinken said on Tuesday.”

we temporarily halted shipments earlier this month to put pressure on Netanyahu

We resumed those shipments and funds, and Israel has since crossed Biden’s red line and attacked Rafah

Netanyahu’s interests may align with Putin

Netanyahu/Likud are dictators who control Israel. Until he/they are removed, their interests are Israel’s interests. Which means that Israel is a Russian asset with a stranglehold on American funds thanks to AIPAC

• davidagain@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  29 days ago

I’d just like to remind you folks the headline you’re debating under:

Nikki Haley writes ‘finish them’ on IDF artillery shells during Israel visit

• JeeBaiChow@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        28 days ago

So you’re saying if I vote, I’ll be complicit and won’t have anything to complain or blame others about, and have to take responsibility for the consequence of my vote? Fuck that shit!

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          28 days ago

I don’t think I said that. Can you show me where I did?

I will say that you have a slice of responsibility over the future, and you’ll have to live with the consequences of whatever decision you end up making - including the one where you sit on your hands. No matter what you do, you can still complain about it, but the future will be whichever one we collectively steer to. One of those possible futures is worse than the other. So it seems to me that we should steer away from it, rather than wrong our hands about how we don’t like the choices. Sure, you don’t like the choices. They’re the choices regardless. Model the outcomes of each possibility, decide which one you hate the least and steer towards it, because we are getting a future selected from among the possibilities. Jesus is not going to rapture us out of this.

• JeeBaiChow@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            28 days ago

Forgot the /s. But the kids seem to believe that sitting it out in protest is better than voting the lesser of 2 evils. This is how a dictator comes into power. Agree with everything you said.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              28 days ago

Yeah, I’ve been having this argument a lot lately, so the sarcasm shit right past me. It’s exhausting trying to get people to understand that no, really, genocide a * 3 plus additional genocide b is worse than genocide a alone.

• FlashMobOfOne@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        29 days ago

You do realize that “less than ideal” is probably an inadequate way to describe Joe funding a genocidal apartheid, right?

It’s astonishing to me how comfortable you are with fascism, provided it wears a blue jersey.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          29 days ago

Yes. Humans are given to certainty and judgement in excess of what the evidence merits, so I have taken to understatement.

I’m not convinced that Joe Biden is fascism, though. Would you be so kind as to compare him to Umberto eco’s list, and share examples on each point? Trump seems like a much better match to that, but perhaps I have missed something.

• eestileib@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      29 days ago

I’m gonna vote for Biden if I have to rise from the dead and crawl through broken glass to do so, and I hope everyone reading this thread does.

I’m not willing to pretend he’s not facilitating an ongoing genocide though.

• JeeBaiChow@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        28 days ago

Oh get out of here with your facts. The kids are having a circlejerk. They weren’t born at the time. They can’t be expected to know these things.

• DragonTypeWyvern@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        28 days ago

Oh, he’s just following orders!

It’s not like we have other laws requiring you not to support genocide for this exact situation that he can use to halt arms shipments.

• XeroxCool@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        29 days ago

What is that law? Closest I think I can get is HR 4986 sec 227 which mentions Israel, but I can’t read further. Who put it in place?

• davidagain@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          29 days ago

From the linked politico article,

Legally, the U.S. can’t cut Israel off completely. Since 2008, the U.S. has had to weigh all arms sales to Israel and other countries in the region against the requirement that Israel maintains a “qualitative military edge” against all enemies, both state and non-state actors.

In 2008, George W. Bush was in his second term as president.

• XeroxCool@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            28 days ago

Yes, Bush was the president for most of 2008. Obama got a short portion, although the exact president in place doesn’t necessarily tell you if they agreed anyway. Since president’s don’t really write law, I was looking for the exact law to see the history of which representatives were pushing it. I wanted to see what the angle was for that piece of the bill and what else was attached to it. Nothing gets passed as an individual law, meaning it was probably a rider in a much larger group of laws that likely made it a non-negotiable requirement bundled into a more pressing matter.

But I guess 9+ people read my simple question as total contempt for the situation.

• idiomaddict@feddit.de
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              28 days ago

Obama was inaugurated in January 2009, though he was elected in 2008, so it’s easy to confuse.

• YeetPics@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      28 days ago

Tankies don’t show up to forums about headlines they can’t cram into their preordained propaganda forms.

• Semi-Hemi-Lemmygod@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      29 days ago

Yeah, those stupid kids should just realize that one constant in America is that we kill or enable the killing of children. They should just accept that children will be killed in their name and get over themselves like us grown ups.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      29 days ago

No, it isn’t.

We want to replace Genocide Joe with the Greens.

Unfortunately most American voters lack a conscience, so it’s not going to happen.

• TheLowestStone@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        29 days ago

Unfortunately most American voters lack a conscience, so it’s not going to happen.

If you actually want to attract people to your cause, you may want to consider changing your tone. It could also be beneficial to mention some positive things about the candidate that you recommend instead of just bashing the current regime.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          29 days ago

I’m shouting into the void and I know it. Nothing I do or say will change anything.

I can look at the last 40 years and be astonished at how little American voters care about their own welfare, and rest assured that the election in November will likely be 49% to 49%, because for some reason they all are just exceptionally well-programmed to vote for the candidates that the wealthy want them to vote for. All of them are poorer now, both economically and socially, than they were even just ten years ago. They can see with their own two eyes that they get poorer no matter which party we elect, and it doesn’t stop them from voting solely on team color anyway.

Hell, the Democrats had Marianne Williamson, an anti-war, pro-living wage, pro-universal health care candidate who can actually form a coherent thought in their primary. They decided overwhelmingly that they wanted the old, addled warmonger to be their president, even though he’s done nothing meaningful to try and fix their poverty, opting to spend his time keeping his scumbag son out of prison and the war money flowing to other countries.

• YeetPics@mander.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        28 days ago

Lmao, comment more.

You’re definitely not making yourself look like you need live-in nursing care to wipe your ass.

You’re also making really REALLY good, logical fair points and you’re totally not moving the goalposts.

Take your bad faith ba to .ml or hexbear, you troglodyte.

• JimSamtanko@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        30 days ago

Propagandists are so funny. It’s like…. You make shit up that can’t be proven, verified, or is otherwise even remotely realistic, and then you pretend it’s real to the point that you’re willing to argue it online with total strangers.

It’s blows my mind how this is done.

• JimSamtanko@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            29 days ago

I never said he was a great candidate. I simply said that propagandists seem to have it out for Biden.

Surprising they’re always silent with their criticism of anything from the right.

Ever wonder why?

• davidagain@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                29 days ago

But you really don’t know that there are no non choir members reading. I think the proportion of right wingers on the fediverse has shot up in the last year.

• mightyfoolish@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  29 days ago

No, I don’t. But we don’t have proof either way. Conservatives usually get a type of sickness if everyone around them does not think the same way.

Hopefully, Halely self reflects and figures out why she is a running [get it] joke. But let’s be real, she’ll probably never change.

• beardown@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              29 days ago

Everyone on this site thinks that the GOP of 2024 is a fascist party and that Trump is worse than Biden

• treadful@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        30 days ago

K

Talking to reporters, Haley was unapologetic, criticising Joe Biden’s administration for temporarily withholding weapons as a means of discouraging an Israeli attack on the southern Gaza city of Rafah, and aiming barbs at the international criminal court (ICC) – which is seeking Netanyahu’s arrest – and the international court of justice (ICJ), which is considering charges of genocide against Israel.

“What America needs to understand is if Israel’s fighting our enemies, how can we not help them,” said Haley, whose missile message also carried the words “America loves Israel”.

“The sure way to not help Israel is to withhold weapons. The sure way to not help Israel is to praise the ICC, the ICJ or any of those that are condemning Israel instead of condemning what happens.

“America needs to do whatever Israel needs and stop telling them how to fight this war. You are either a friend or not a friend.”

• Bananigans@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          29 days ago

“America needs to do whatever Israel needs and stop telling them how to fight this war. You are either a friend or not a friend.”

She reminds me of an alcoholic friend I had in college. Telling you to stop doesn’t mean I hate you. It means you’re making bad decisions.

• aleph@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        30 days ago

I’m not defending Biden, but the view that Trump would be any less prepared to keep sending Israel weapons is utterly baseless. He wouldn’t even pretend to care about the Palestinians, for one thing.

• No_Change_Just_Money@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        29 days ago

Ok, but Trump literally said he deports anybody who protests Israel

How is this better than Joe, who says that Isreal will lose us support if they don’t stop and prioritize civilian safety in their attacks?

• brbposting@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        30 days ago

Joe Biden is a lot more efficient at getting weapons Israel needs for their genocide than Trump ever will be.

Anybody out there who can vet this? Cuz if I wanted a twice-impeached president victory I think I would post:

45 is a lot more efficient at getting weapons Israel needs for their genocide than Biden ever will be.

• rayyy@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          29 days ago

Joe Biden is a lot more efficient at getting weapons Israel needs for their genocide than Trump ever will be

^^ That is a heaping pile of BULLSHIT.

• AWildMimicAppears@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          29 days ago

the point is not to make more people vote trump (everyone who is morally bankrupt enough will do that anyway)

the point is FUD, so that biden voters stay home (good for trump) or vote 3rd party (which would be valid if it weren’t a first past the post system)

• Jentu@lemmy.blahaj.zone
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            29 days ago

The point might actually be to sink Biden’s approval rating so low that he’s forced to reverse course on the specific thing making him unpopular and less likely to win.

• JimSamtanko@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          30 days ago

Russia only cares about two of them. One of them is reliant on a Trump victory, and the other is to ensure it happens.

• Illuminostro@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      29 days ago

She’s a typical modern Republican politician. She loves money, and will support literally anyone who cuts taxes, and works to remove regulations that hinder profit. That’s it. That’s all they care about. All the culture war stuff is to keep the poors blaming each other than coming after her masters.

• Fizz@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    30 days ago

Why would you think it’s a good political move to sign a bomb in such a controversial conflict. It boggles my mind who suggested that as a good idea.

• takeda@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        30 days ago

Unlike Hollywood movies, things aren’t always black and white. It is quite possible that both sides are. Neither the Hamas nor Nethanyahu government are the good guys. Both sides try to exterminate the other side. Both sides also don’t mind killing innocent people in their way.

It is a fucked up situation, and with recent developments it looks like it is turning into Israel’s Afghanistan. Biden was right warning Nethanyahu to not make the same mistake at US did after 9/11.

• HobbitFoot @thelemmy.club
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          30 days ago

I responded to a comment asking why a national politician would choose a side in a conflict. My response was that her political party has picked a side to support by a wide majority.

Republicans support Israel in this conflict almost universally. Haley’s support of Israel isn’t controversial in her own party.

This wasn’t a statement on the morality of the conflict, but of the political support of the belligerents. Republicans support Israel.

• takeda@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            30 days ago

Apologies, I misinterpreted the word “party” I thought it was a party in the conflict like Israel vs Gazans. And that Israel supporters don’t see it as controversial.

• SulaymanF@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              29 days ago

But Israelis DONT see it as controversial. Surveys of Israelis show 68% oppose humanitarian aid to Gaza. Intentional collective punishment and starvation are war crimes but they enjoy wide support in Israel; Netanyahu’s use of them is not considered objectionable by the mainstream and that’s not why the Israeli public is angry at him.

• SulaymanF@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  29 days ago

That’s an impressive attempt at spinning.

This isn’t about Israel giving free food, but that Israel is intentionally BLOCKING all food shipments into the Gaza Strip AND blowing up water and food production facilities to intentionally create a famine. The Geneva Conventions require you to ensure the health and safety of civilians of land you control. Intentional and deliberate starvation of civilians is a WAR CRIME. I can’t spell it out any further for you.

• HobbitFoot @thelemmy.club
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              29 days ago

That’s why I clarified.

In the discussion of American politics, the Republican Party is very pro-Israel. The Republican Speaker of the House has gone as far to invite Netanyahu to address Congress as a show of friendship and support. The opposition to this invitation has mainly been from Democratic members.

American voters could punish Biden for being complicit in genocide, but that punishment isn’t going to end the genocide.

• Honytawk@lemmy.zip
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            29 days ago

Pretty sure Republicans don’t as much support Israel as much as they just want to see Muslims bombed.

• YeetPics@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    29 days ago

Why WHY would Joe Biden sign off on providing Nikki Haley with PERMANENT MARKERS!

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      29 days ago

That isn’t, in my opinion, something to criticize her for.

If we are going to respect people’s names and pronouns, that needs to apply to Republicans too, even if you suspect they changed their name for political reasons.

Caitlyn Jenner is an absolute piece of shit who killed someone, but I’m not going to call her Bruce because of it.

• Boddhisatva@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        29 days ago

Sauce for the goose, my friend. Going high while our opponents go low is why this nation is in the state it is right now. If they chose to wrestle in the muck rather than abide by civilized rules, then I’m more than content to get dirty and fight them there if that serves me best. I see no reason to cede them any advantage out of an outmoded sense of fair play.

cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          28 days ago

As I said to someone else, then shouldn’t you call Caitlyn Jenner ‘Bruce’ for the same reason?

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            28 days ago

Is Caitlyn Jenner refusing to respect other people’s pronouns/names or used the issue as a political weapon? As far as I know, her only position is that people should relax about cases of accidentally misgendering people.

Nikki Haley, on the other hand, has made numerous public statements attacking the use of people’s chosen pronouns. So yes, I feel fine attacking her on the issue because she has chosen it as a weapon against others.

• garbagebagel@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        29 days ago

I agree that we shouldn’t misgender people or intentionally call them by the wrong name, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with pointing out the hypocrisy of their political stance.

Republicans are actively persecuting people are transgender and foreigners (or people who sound like foreigners), so to point out how they are being hypocritical is not all that out of line imo.

cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          28 days ago

Pointing out the hypocrisy and intentionally calling her by the name she doesn’t wish to go by are two different things. Sure, point out why she might have change her name. But respect people’s name choices.

• Illuminostro@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      29 days ago

And it will be the end of popular elections, period. Congratulations, assholes, you got your dictatorship to own the cucks.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      29 days ago

That’ll happen when you give Democrats the presidency and a majority in Congress and all they do with it is issue blank checks for war instead of addressing the needs of the poor and working class.

It’s a replay of 2016, when Hillary (and Obama before her) ignored the Rust Belt and it lost her the presidency.

• Olgratin_Magmatoe@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        29 days ago

and a majority in Congress

Democrats do not have a super majority, which is a problem thanks to the fillabuster. So the only branch of government the democrats have is the executive, which is not enough to fix things.

• TachyonTele@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        28 days ago

Failed Republican presidential nominees writing on artillery shells is the result of Democrats in the White House and Congress? Interesting.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          28 days ago

No.

The bombs are the result of Democrats in the White House and Congress, seeing as how they’re the ones in power and they support arming a genocidal apartheid. What people write on them isn’t of any real consequence to me. I’m angry about the fact that we’re still sending them weapons.

• Mastengwe@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            27 days ago

Why is it that you’ve never once said anything critical of anything from the right? I’d love an answer if you’re able.

Because even on a post that’s specifically critical of the right, you do nothing but bring up Biden. That’s VERY curious.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              27 days ago

The evil of the right is self-evident.

But I count it more evil to pretend one is progressive and then do exactly the same things the right-wing people are doing.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  27 days ago

Not at all.

Democrats, by and large, don’t accept any criticism of their party, preferring instead to make excuses or feign powerlessness on the part of their elected officials. (They share that trait with Republicans, in fact.)

And then an instance happens where having the same position as the Republicans means you either have to accept genocide or pretend in your head that you’re still morally superior while the president you want us all to vote for sends the weapons over to make it happen.

It’s like that meme with the red button. Your cognitive dissonance is impressive.

• TachyonTele@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            28 days ago

Oh you’re saying the Republicans in power don’t agree with providing weapons to Israel?

• suction@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    29 days ago

FYI: Most of those braindead “am I not allowed to criticize Biden???” comments and posts on social media are a concerted effort by right-wingers from /pol and other such sewers, trying to get people to not vote against Trump. Don’t fall for it. These aren’t “lefties” or “tankies”. Just downvote, report, and ignore.

• fuckingkangaroos@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      29 days ago

Maybe they’re involved, but a much bigger player pushing that line of reasoning is the Kremlin. They want to get Trump elected again so he cuts aid to Ukraine.

• fuckingkangaroos@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            28 days ago

You think he’ll give up power after four years? He’s already actively undermining the US’ democracy.

• GratefullyGodless@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              28 days ago

I was talking the last 4 years of Top Secret info created during the Biden administration. Because you know that Biden, unlike Trump, isn’t giving away our Top Secret info to Putin. But, Trump will package it all up neatly with a bow, and hand it over to Putin the first chance he gets.

• madcaesar@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      28 days ago

Lemmy is fucking FULL of them. Every other post is some Israel / Genocide Joe bullshit.

If you didn’t know any better you’d think Joe is literally flying a bomber over Gaza right now.

It’s getting tiresome even down voting this crap.

• explodicle@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      29 days ago

Why are they wasting effort on like 200 leftist techies? They could get a lot more bang for their buck on Facebook.

• Facebones@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      29 days ago

Democrats not doing all the faschie shit they claim to be saving us from challenge level impossible.

Don’t like Joe? You’re a bot. Have a laundry list of gripes about Joe? Nope you’re a single issue voter whining about a single racial cleansing like a baby.

Blue MAGA out here working overtime blaming the left for any and every Democratic loss, claim to hate Republicans but will hand an election to them every 4 years before they concede even an inch to the left instead of sprinting right to “court voters” that were NEVER going to vote with them.

• cultsuperstar@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    29 days ago

How can they say they love Israel but also say Jews run everything and be generally negative towards Jews here?

• irreticent@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      29 days ago

“Doublethink is a process of indoctrination in which subjects are expected to simultaneously accept two conflicting beliefs as truth, often at odds with their own memory or sense of reality. Doublethink is related to, but differs from, hypocrisy.”

Edited to add:

It’s a common tactic with fascist regimes. Nazis used to do it with Jewish propaganda by simultaneously claiming that Jews were weak vermin that needed to be exterminated and that they are this supervillain that controls all the money.

You currently see it a lot with the people chanting “Genocide Joe” and claiming he is some mastermind warhawk with at the same time claiming that he is some feeble, senile old man. He’s Schrödinger’s politician!

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        28 days ago

Ah I remember the days of “Obama, The Weak-Willed Tyrant” an incompetent man with a genius level intellect according to Fox News…

Edit: For context, I’m talking about 2008-2015ish when the Right claimed Obama was too soft to stand up to America’s enemies and was this “weak child of a man”, and that he was also this evil corrupt tyrant who gave no one an inch, claiming him to be a moron and yet also a diabolical mastermind plotting the Muslim Takeover of America

The amount of Racism was fucking unreal. Especially down here in the South, I rolled my eyes at a lot of “Vote for the Mormon, not the Muslim!” in 2012

Obama’s not even Arabic! Why the fuck did everyone think he was a muslim? And even if he was, who fucking cares?

• Sheldybear@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          28 days ago

Do you remember during the 2008 campaign when there was criticism over Obama’s pastor being too outspoken in his church? In back to back segments fox would reflect on Obama’s dangerous version of Christianity while also saying he was a Muslim…

• bitwaba@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          28 days ago

Why the fuck did everyone think he was a muslim?

Barack Hussein Obama

I don’t know man. You tell me.

• irreticent@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          29 days ago

I feel like that may be true also, but I was referring to the groups pushing the agenda/propaganda, not the ones being affected by it. The ones propagandizing doublethink are the big issue IMO.

• davidagain@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          28 days ago

So what do you think the Republican leadership hopeful Nikki Haley meant by writing “finish them” on an Israeli bomb?

• davidagain@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              28 days ago

That’s almost the most evasive thing you could have said. The question was what do you think the Republican leadership hopeful Nikki Haley meant by writing “finish them” on an Israeli bomb?

• DragonTypeWyvern@midwest.social
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                28 days ago

That they’re as genocidal as the Democrats.

That doesn’t make Biden a criminal mastermind playing 4d chess, it makes him a head of state who supports it.

• barsoap@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      28 days ago

Not sure on their current thinking but the root of that line of thinking predates Israel: European nationalist antisemites would say “Jews don’t have a homeland that’s why they’re wrecking havoc everywhere else, they’re jealous”.

Overall, in general, zionist antisemitism is a thing.

• Buddahriffic@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        28 days ago

Also some Christians believe the rapture will only come after Israel is back in the hands of the Jews. Since it hasn’t happened already, they might think that it has to be completely in the hands of the Jews. It might be about Jerusalem instead of all of Israel.

So they can still hate them while wanting them to fulfill their “prophecy”. Once they control whatever land some Bible contributor says they need to control, then God will punish them while rewarding all the good white folks in a way that lets them skip the whole scary dying thing.

Not sure if this specific asshole subscribes to that belief, it might just be normal Nazism (the Nazis wanted to send the Jews to Madagascar before understanding that you can’t just send a large group of people to some other location without some kind of military conquest, which is part of why they called the Holocaust the “final solution”).

• jeffw@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      29 days ago

Moderate by GOP standards. Moderately less of a nazi or something like that

• TotalFat@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        29 days ago

She’s not even that. She went full Nazi when she called for the culling of the American people. Gas chambers and concentration camps.

• Honytawk@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        29 days ago

If you actually cared about Palestine to survive, your best bet is to vote Biden.

All the alternatives will make the situation literally worse.

But you don’t care about Palestine do you? You just want Trump to win. Since your overlord Pootin commanded you to.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          29 days ago

If you actually cared about Palestine, you’d be on the streets demanding immediate action instead of begging people to check a box months from now when half a million Palestinians have starved to death.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              28 days ago

Because you’re hyper fixated on a vote months from now that won’t help Palestinians at the current moment? Your priorities are pretty clear.

• cone_zombie@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          29 days ago

So. Let me get this straight. My BEST bet would be to vote for the same guy whose administration continues to provide billions of dollars in weapons to conduct airstrikes on refugee camps, and sometimes makes “We’re outraged! Who would have thought Israel would continue killing civilians!” comnents. You’re really as delusional as the other side. Greetings from a Pootin troll.

• excral@feddit.de
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            28 days ago

Yes that’s exactly right, because the alternative manages to somehow be even worse. All hail the two party system.

• Honytawk@lemmy.zip
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            28 days ago

Glad you got it!

That administration isn’t writing “finish them” on the bombs.

Or what did you think would happen if Biden lost? Some green party that hasn’t gotten more than 5% of votes somehow winning?

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              28 days ago

If she didn’t have any bombs to write on in the first place, people might not have such an issue with biden.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          29 days ago

If I’m Dmitri, you’re Hermann.

I’m not the one sitting here making excuses for apartheid and genocide, Hermann.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            29 days ago

No, you’re the one supporting the side whose potential VP candidate wrote “Finish them” on a piece of artillery to be used in the genocide that you pretend to be against, because she rightly believes their base will eat it up and doing so will help her get elected.

• suction@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            28 days ago

You just outed yourself, only Russians would know how to spell “Dmitri” right

• explodicle@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            29 days ago

Nope sorry only explanation is that you’re Russian. Or if you somehow prove you’re not Russian, then you’re a useful idiot. Even the people who have voted third party for years, you’ve actually always been Russian.

• 【J】【u】【s】【t】【Z】@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        29 days ago

Another lie.

You drop older stock bombs first so you don’t have to decommission them. Everyone knows that. Israel already has all the bombs it needs to turn all of Gaza and the West Bank into a sheet of glass a dozen times over. Wtf are you talking about Biden sent them the weapons? American policy as to Israel has everything to do with its posture as to Iran and fuck all to do with Israel’s posture as to Gaza, except that the West will not let Gaza or the West Bank fall into the hands of Iranian backed terrorists, i.e. Hamas.