• Nounka@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 hours ago

Had a conversation for fun during lunch in school. What other fruit would tast good on a pizza…
        Passionfruit, watermelon and Strawberry were the favorite ones to be tasted. Bad idee was kiwi, apple and cherrys.

• watersnipje@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 hours ago

In Poland, they also have sweet pierogi (filled with berries) for dessert. It’s great, especially when you can’t get enough of pierogi, and want to eat a sweet pierogi dessert after your pierogi meal. The ingredients are basically the same: boiled dough and berries. I could see this being tasty.

This stupid “Nobody: “ meme needs to finally die, though.

• KubeRoot
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 hours ago

I feel like Italy might have that one covered, what with all the tortellini, ravioli, and such

• Glifted@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    16 hours ago

Like most polish dishes it sounds like it would be disgusting, looks disgusting, and probably tastes surprisingly good

• riodoro1@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    17 hours ago

Im polish and while I never had this particular dish (strawberry rice was more common) I remember eating pasta in milk quite often in kindergarten and later in school.

• 200ok@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 hours ago

I’m choosing to imagine this tasting like funnel cake that’s melted on a hot day

• mitchty@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      12 hours ago

Soooo is it good? I kinda think its gotta be good least better than pizza with pineapple but I hate pineapple so I am biased

• azvasKvklenko@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 hours ago

Pasta with sweetened milk was very common back then and we called it “milk soup”. Some loved it, some hated it, I personally loved it, imo it was better than cornflakes. 90’s was tough times though and it’s not like we had access to too many things, it’s probably different today. And pasta with fruit sauce doesn’t seem strange to me even today.

• HikingVet@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          19 hours ago

It’s a mind fuck to look at.

The white chocolate bit makes it a no go for me. If the Belgians can’t make a white chocolate that tastes good to me it’s doa.

• Maalus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

Well, yeah. You guys don’t eat sweet pasta at all? Sprinkle sugar on top, melt some butter on it and you get a great, quick to make combo. Same thing basically with everything that has dough and isn’t salty - sweet pierogi, potato dumplings etc.

• Jyrdano@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        5 hours ago

You’ve just woken up a childhood memory of mine. My mum used to make us sweet spaghetti for dinner sometimes, with powdered sugar , cocoa, and a bit of butter. I loved it so much.

• tobogganablaze@lemmus.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    22 hours ago

In Switzerland people eat pasta with meatsauce, applesauce and Gruyère cheese. I wish I could forget.

• kyub
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    20 hours ago

Well with food something unusual at first feels weird but once you try it it might actually be good. I’ve had this experience quite a lot. Probably shows how much you’re conditioned to liking certain foods just because you’re used to them and grew up with them. So I’m not gonna judge how this would taste. But the first impression was like “ugh”.