• bricklove@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 minutes ago

Only classic rock, country, and blues are manly? I didn’t know metal, rap, and military marches were for little girls

• DancingBear@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

They do the same exact thing in the pink aisle in the supermarket.

By making everything more so called feminine, and now more so called masculine, companies realized they can charge a premium and people will fall for the packaging gimmick.

That’s all I think it is.

I do like the man card bottle opener though. Would be a fun thing to bring to parties and holiday gatherings.

• MobileDecay@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 hours ago

My birth certificate is proof enough that I’m a man. Now give me my strawberry Herbal Essences! 💪😡

• SkunkWorkz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 hours ago

“A man’s music collection should consist out of classic rock and country. …… oh yeah and also blues. See we ain’t racist we added black music”

Lol bet they mean Eric “non-whites should be deported” Clapton and not BB King.

• ricecake@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 hours ago

The whole tactical-style-for-not-tactical-thing makes me rage. Not because it exists, but because it’s been picked up by the wrong demographic.

That sort of thing should belong to the realm of the ironic, and be worn by the person who has a bad joke to go with it.

Tactical baby carrier should be for the fun dad who uses it to make jokes about how you otherwise might notice the baby, and not the fragile guy who needs a shield to defend his masculinity in the face of raising his children.

It’s like so much of these things started as a gag, and then got picked up by people who aren’t in on the joke.

• 4_degrees@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 hours ago

Duke Cannon has some cringe to it, but they are surprisingly crunchy when it comes to the ingredients they use in things, including the aluminum-free deodorant that I like.

• drosophila@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 hours ago

That’s a very dumb name, but I really like the simple design and earth tone color of the bar itself.

On the other hand I don’t think I’d like to smell like beer.

• SaharaMaleikuhm@feddit.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 hours ago

Bought beer shampoo for my dad once as part of a joke gift. It did not smell like beer, but did not smell good either.

• aeronmelon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 hours ago

I saw MAN CARD in the thumbnail and legitimately thought it said MAN CHILD and didn’t even question it.

• chonglibloodsport@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 hours ago

Can’t stand any of these masculinity targeted products. Also don’t flush any product down the toilet other than toilet paper. Those wipes clog sewers.

• webghost0101@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    17 hours ago

Being a man is when you conform your freedom of choice to one of a few acceptable choices.

Expressing yourself, showing who you really, standing up to peer pressure is for pussies, you wouldn’t want to risk people accidentally mistaking you with them sexually liberated folks by admitting you like electro-swing over country.

• Soup@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      13 hours ago

Let’s not forget that they probably don’t listen to much non-commercialized country and when they do the highly left-wing, union supporting, feelings having message probably goes right over their heads. I mean it has to, they’d necessarily throw a fit if they knew what they were listening to.

• festnt@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    15 hours ago

real men don’t clean themselves at all so that their musk is always noticed by everyone in the room they’re in

• VaalaVasaVarde@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      12 hours ago

Real men are like a bison bull, hairy smelly and they roll around in dirt.

The sad thing is that only bison cows are into that.

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 hours ago

rolling around in dirt would be an improvement, dirt is honestly fairly hygenic especially compared to enclosed sweaty skin where bacteria has a great time