• sorval_the_eeter@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    46 minutes ago

So gimmicky. AOC is listening to DNC strategy morons way too much. This makes the party look even more out of touch, not more relatable. Same with the "X has a beer with “Y” articles. This is all Joe Biden/centrist reacharound logic.

• peopleproblems@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    22 hours ago

Can we have a real talk?

I want them see how well they work together in extremely stressful situations… Get Kamala, Walz, AoC, and maybe uh, Sanders playing HELLDIVERS II!

• bluewing@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 hours ago

This is stupid. I didn’t vote for these two to play video games.

• Coreidan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 hours ago

Nah how about fuck off. 😊

I don’t want politicians on twitch or any where near games. Yall are toxic enough as it is. Leave my hobby alone. The one place I can go to escape your bullshit.

• Smith6826@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 hours ago

It’s pretty suspect that these totally understandable comments are getting obliterated with downvotes. Keeping American politics out of video games is a reasonable ask.

• undercrust@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        54 minutes ago

So just don’t watch then? It’s incredibly easy to just not participate.

Even easier than going on the internet to complain about it, in fact.

• wolfshadowheart@leminal.space
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        20 hours ago

Hundreds of thousands of people.

The fact of the matter is that casual gamers and console owners overlap with Facebook and all generic social media.

We know that we only Lemmy are small, so we should try to keep in mind that our understandings and opinions of generic things in the world are the uncommon ones. Madden sells. FIFA sells. Call of Duty sells. Grand Theft Auto sells. Trying to criticize these outside of Lemmy will only result in losing even more faith in the general public, if that was even possible.

• bbbbbbbbbbb@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 day ago

My friend groups are. And the new NCAA game. Video Games and Football, there is truely no greater combination of american values

• Letstakealook@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            22 hours ago

I haven’t played the most recent one, or madden for that matter, so this based on experience from about 15-20 years ago but I’m sure it’ll be mostly the same. First and foremost, there are some rule differences. Second, there are different strategies, formations, and plays. Third, you have different players with greater diversity in talent level. Fourth, the teams are different, which might mean more to some than others. And finally, the commentators are different, the last time, they had the cat known for whistling, which was funny. I can’t remember his name.

• cmbabul@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              21 hours ago

I bought the most recent CFB, I was both excited for the season and intrigued since it had been 15ish years. It is really polished and cool for what it is, but I forgot I hated it back in day and still hate it now. But it was really well done

• GladiusB@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 hours ago

Too sticky. I hear you. Could have hit them. But I think it would bring up way too many political arguments on Twitch.

• BlanketsWithSmallpox@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      19 hours ago

Next thing you know she’ll be playing Elden Ring like a fucking poser while using a cheese build like some communist normie.

Nah, I need that real gamer shit. If she doesn’t have a Steam account with 60 games completed, 120 played and 400 unplayed with 1000 hours on Terraria and Stardew Valley each, then is she really a gamer, or is she just some fucking millennial just like I am wait…

• SassyRamen@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    24 hours ago

I want Walz under a real stress test. Set this man up on a ranked league of legends match and in a discord group with his team of randos.

• Wiz@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 hours ago

I’m fall 2020, I think I was in a game of LoL with AOC. She famously played Support, but I was paired up as a newbie support paired with an account AOC-ADC. I was not really good and died early. I asked the account if they really were AOC, and they told me to go vote!

She also accused me of intentionally dying, and I told her I wasn’t. I told her I was sorry that I was just bad. We ended up losing, mostly because of me.

So that’s my dumb AOC gaming story.

• 🇰 🌀 🇱 🇦 🇳 🇦 🇰 ℹ️@yiffit.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 day ago

Are there any crazy glitches/exploits one can do in a modern Madden game that would be akin to taking shots from that one specific spot in Double Dribble where it’s 100% guaranteed to go in?

I wanna see one of them just gobsmack the other with that kinda play. lol

• vegeta@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 day ago

So they are both maddening?

rimshot

Thank you, I will be here all week