Most Linux users prob won’t care if Win10 dies.

• kekmacska@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

btw if windows 10 dies, windows 11 will be forced on windows users, which is like 10000x times worse (personal experience). This is why i want to switch to linux when i get a decent computer (no, that linux distro i choose can’t be further from the “linux will run on everything” quote)

• kekmacska@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        25 minutes ago

better than Garuda? Bazzite is based on Fedora. I used fedora, and hated it. Basically no selection between packages, it only has a very few amount

• voxel@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 hour ago

win11 is a major improvement tbh.
      process scheduling doesnt suck as much as it used to and bluetooth has AAC support (win10 only has sbc which sounds bad)
      defender is much harder to get rid of though (but you can still get rid of almost all online features and telemetry including ms accounts using group policies as long as you have Enterprise or a LTS version)

• kekmacska@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

privacy is even more nonexistent, everything is cluttered and the gui is very inconsistent. And for me, bluetooth usually doesn’t work at all after updating for win11

• voxel@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          59 minutes ago

bt is not as good on linux (takes like 10 seconds to pick up my earbuds after i take them out vs up to 2 seconds on linux) but its still a major improvement. the new tiling seems pretty cool but eh didnt end up using it. virtual desktops and dual monitors work a lot better although switching desktops can break taskbar icons (and that bug still hasnt been fixed since release)

• Jo Miran@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 hours ago

I have been a Linux user since 1995. Anyone that thinks that Linux is invulnerable is just silly.

• kekmacska@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 hours ago

nothing is invulrenable. but good luck finding a vulrenability on openSUSE for example. Almost impossible. But just almost

• blackbelt352@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 hours ago

It’s security through small market share. There’s just not enough major organizations using Linux as a default to warrant large numbers of all manor of gray or black hats to dig deep into finding the exploits.

• mycelium underground@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        45 minutes ago

You do know that almost the entire Internet runs on linux? Even Microsoft isn’t running very many windows servers. In my humble opinion, if you are running a server on Windows, you are batshit crazy.

• Allero@lemmy.today
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 hours ago

There is an entire Linux server segment - exploiting Linux can be insanely profitable

• burgersc12@mander.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 hours ago

People have censorship ingrained in them so thoroughly that they carry it with them at all times, even when it is blatantly unnecessary. Buncha cunts if you ask me!

• Starbuck@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        8 hours ago

Did you know that you’re allowed to write all the letters in the word F-U-C-K on the internet?

• Tux@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 hours ago

I thought mods could mark this post as NSFW and remove it

• RiQuY@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              8 hours ago

Probably he is serious, you can get shadow-banned on TikTok/Instagram/Facebook by posting swear/obscene words on images. Obviously that thing doesn’t happen here, this is not China.

• PerogiBoi@lemmy.ca
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                5 hours ago

It’s really bad because that sort of self censoring spills into other mediums like Teams chats at work. I had a coworker message me and say “I feel like an !di0t right now”

Y censor harmless words. Aagggggggghhh.

• schnurrito
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              6 hours ago

I can’t blame people given how many parts of the Internet now engage in automated or semi-automated intransparent censorship. Can’t have the general public communicating freely with each other, they might coordinate a revolution or something. So far I trust the fediverse to be relatively immune from that though.

• Jimbabwe@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                5 hours ago

I got auto-banned after commenting on a reddit post because the bot searched my entire post history and found I had commented on NSFW threads in the past! The extra fun part was that I really hadn’t. The NSFW threads were from subs that had turned that flag on for all posts out of protest for Reddit’s closed API debacle. In short, exactly as you describe. Intending to quash the revolution.

• Tux@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 hours ago

Can you actually pirate Windows LTSC?

Is there any good guide?

• kekmacska@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 hours ago

i’m the pirate of the biggest seas but even i wouldn’t pirate my os. if im gonna dual-boot, i will buy win10 2019 ltsc. it is survivable, key resellérs have ok deals

• proceduralnightshade@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 hours ago

The guide is on the site they linked. It works, I did it a few times. They have to mirror the LTSC installation files unfortunately, but there’s a guide on how to verify they’re genuine if you don’t trust them.

• blaue_Fledermaus@mstdn.io
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 hours ago

It seems you can download the ISO directly from Microsoft, or from that site, and use their script to activate it.
        I haven’t had the opportunity to test it yet, but seems “legit” to me.

• Mwa@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 hours ago

Yeah I could use ltsc if I rlly needed windows for something, but it doesn’t have Microsoft store and stuff but it’s fine tho.

• wizardbeard@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 hours ago

You care so little that you made a meme about it, and have now reposted a slightly edited version of it roughly a day later.

• Oisteink@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 hours ago

Is it because the linux users are clueless plebs just throwing out fancy words they dont understand?