No video released yet but the right wing blog-sphere is already claiming it’s AI. Put on your seat-belts and keep your hands inside the car at all times.

• MehBlah@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    45 minutes ago

His sycophants forgive any crime he commits. They will blame the minor not him.

• some_guy@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 minutes ago

No, I don’t buy it. He’s awful. He’s a fascist. He has assaulted lots of women (when there were no cameras). I don’t believe he’d be this self-destructive at this moment when he needs to win to stay out of prison.

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      25 minutes ago

It isn’t, in fact despite the video not being released it’s already being “debunked” as AI on Far Right websites.

• EatATaco@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 hours ago

This is just conspiratorial garbage. That article is garbage. I would love for something like this to take him down, but if you think this has any credibility, please realize that your ability to critically analyze new information is ridiculously clouded by confirmation bias.

• psycho_driver@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 hours ago

Did Charlie Kirk tweet that? If so, I’d believe it’s 100% for real and they’re trying to get out in front of it. Like many posters below point out, his base won’t care.

• EatATaco@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 hour ago

The tweet is vague. We’ve seen ai been used already in this election to spread misinformation, so it’s saying Democrats might do so could refer to literally anything.

But when put in the context of this supposed tape, it dishonestly makes it sound like they are talking about it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be happily wrong about this, but this is literally nothing right now.

• WoahWoah@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 hours ago

The fact that the some of the most immoral spin-doctors that aren’t directly related to the Trump campaign – Posobiec and Kirk for starters – are clearly trying to get out in front of some sort of bad news that, based on their comments, appears to be a video grants more weight to claims than this random article.

That being said, whether there is actually a video or they’re reacting to the same rumored threat is unknown. Even if it were true, I honestly don’t know if it would make enough of a difference for Trump’s supporters. And, again if true, the longer they hold the video and allow advance spin and damage control to run unopposed, the less effect it will have. The simple fact is that Trump supporters would then be looking for any reason to simple dismiss/ignore it, and they will undoubtedly be given many reasons by affiliates of Trump’s campaign.

• EatATaco@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 hour ago

are clearly trying to get out in front of some sort of bad news that, based on their comments, appears to be a video grants more weight to claims than this random article.

This is a lot of assumptions. They are constantly saying Democrats are about to do something bad. It’s part of their shtick, and they are just trying to keep people afraid.

But even if we agree and they are clearly trying to get out in front of something that doesn’t make anything we put into that hole “has more weight.”

• WoahWoah@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 hour ago

Trump spin-doctors are specifically referencing that democrats are going to release an “AI-generated” piece of media. I’m assuming that means they’re worried something might be released soon. That’s it, I’m not putting anything in a “hole,” I’m just waiting to see what they’re trying to get in front of.

• EatATaco@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            28 minutes ago

We have two people, who often claim Democrats are about to do something bad, tweeting that Democrats are about to do something bad. This isn’t “clearly getting ahead of something” it could just be their typical fear mongering.

You also said that this “fact” gives the claim more weight, but it still could be referring to literally anything.

All we have is some “social media users” saying there is a tape and misleading via context claims that 2 of the hundreds of right wing spin doctors are vaguely referencing a video.

It’s absolutely nothing at this point

• Wogi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      55 minutes ago

Sure there’s video. There’s a pee tape too. Just like the tooth fairy and a politician that cares. They all exist.

• WoahWoah@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

Perhaps explains his seemingly defeated attitude recently. His canceling of multiple events. His comment at yesterday’s rally…

Trump: I realized our time is coming to an end. In many ways it’s sad. I’ve been doing this for 9 years.

• WoahWoah@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 hours ago

They’re the party of “PEDOPHILES SHOULD BE KILLED, DEAD PEDOPHILES CAN’T REOFFEND, I HUNT PEDOPHILES, AND IT’S TOTALLY NORMAL AND NOT PROJECTION THAT I’VE MADE THIS MY ENTIRE IDENTITY.” Which is effectively the same thing but is slightly different.

• Sylvartas@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

PEDOPHILES SHOULD BE KILLED, DEAD PEDOPHILES CAN’T REOFFEND, I HUNT PEDOPHILES

Always weirds me the fuck out when I see this stuff. Like, my dude, pedophiles are quite universally reviled, even amongst hardcore criminals, why the hell do you feel the need to loudly signal this ?

• Juigi@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 hours ago

He could eat then punt a baby on video and maga cultist wouldn’t care.

• jerkface@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          16 minutes ago

Clearly you don’t eat babies! The whole point of eating babies is the skull comes apart.

• jaemo@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 hour ago

Pff. Who brought the new guy right? It’s getting to the point you can’t have Sunday afternoon baby BBQ and skull football game anymore. Whats happened to us these last few years?

• fluxion@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 hours ago

Yes, it makes no logical sense in this physical realm… and they still won’t question it

• morphballganon@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 hours ago

They didn’t care when Jeffrey Epstein hooked Don up with a 13-year-old at his private minor rape party. Why would they care about a boob grab?

• MummifiedClient5000@feddit.dk
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 hours ago

It never happened.

It’s AI.

She lied about her age.

Everyone would have done the same.

Actually pedophilia is OK now.

• StupidBrotherInLaw@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 hours ago

Mrrrmmm, ACKchyually, she’s over 15 so it’s EPHEBOphilia. They’re two very different things, thank you very much.

/s, kiddie diddling is kiddie diddling.

• EatATaco@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 hours ago

kiddie diddling is kiddie diddling.

Absolutely 100%. Taking advantage of a minor is wrong no matter what.

However, the word you used describes an attraction, not actual rape. And in that case there is a big difference because being attracted to mid to late teens, which is a perfect normal and healthy sexual attraction, and pedophilia, which is a disorder. This is the same science that confirms homosexuality and trans identity are perfectly normal, and rejecting this science is no different than rejecting that people can be gay and trans.

I know I’ll be piled on because of the pedophile panic that has gripped so many people, but I don’t care because I think it’s important for people to understand this. After watching the suffering of gay and trans people, first hand, being treated like deviants or that there is something wrong with them I can’t stand by while people treat other normal and healthy people as if they are fucked up. It’s not right.

• Buddahriffic@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          12 minutes ago

Pssst… It’s not Reddit, it’s the people. The Reddit bullshit was what came from the admins. Everything else, the users and the mods, were just people being themselves.

• peopleproblems@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 hours ago

No no no no. The last one isn’t true.

The rich can do whatever they please, that’s their right for being rich (/s).

• rsuri@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 hours ago

Why would they tease it and not release it? Where does this claim even come from? The article just says the sources are “Several social media users, including commentators and reporters”. Then it seems like all the people tweeting about it are right wingers. I’m suspicious. Could be a distraction from the more credible stories about Trump loving Hitler and shitting on a slain soldier for having an expensive funeral for a Mexican.

• Boddhisatva@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 hours ago

It would be a wild choice for a distraction. The rumors claim that the person with the video is shopping it around. They want a payday before they give the video to anyone. Sadly, that means that a deep-pocketed Trump ally could do a catch and kill and never release it.

• themeatbridge@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    12 hours ago

Maybe there’s a video, maybe there’s not.

But nobody is saying “No way! Trump would never do that!” or “This is a shocking scandal that nobody would have believed!”

• some_guy@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 minutes ago

I hate the man and I’m saying I don’t think he’s this stupid. He wants to get re-elected too much to do something so reckless.

Has he assaulted other women? No fucking doubt. But not two weeks from the election at a campaign event with a ton of reporters around him. It’s not believable.

• barnaclebutt@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 hours ago

I grabbed her titty. She asked me too. With a tear in her eye she said please please please Mr. Trump touch my titty. I obligated. I couldn’t help it. I had to. She was so innocent. It was a perfect titty touch.

• bassomitron@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      12 hours ago

That’s the sad reality of it. The sadder part is that, even if it’s true, his cult still won’t care.

And, of course, the minor being groped won’t see any justice.

• Omega@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        12 hours ago

I think what’s even sadder is that so-called moderates and centrists won’t care. Trump didn’t win in 2016 due to his cult. He won because everyday people recognized how fucked up he was and decided they didn’t care.

• ilinamorato@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 hours ago

There are plenty of kids who just turned 18 this year. They were 9 when Trump began his first campaign, and certainly don’t remember any political reality before it.

I don’t think enough of them will be voting for lols this time to matter, but it’s worth noting that every electorate for every election is distinct.

• Furbag@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 hours ago

There are a lot of people who went for Trump in 2016 that he’s never going to get back again. The “I only voted for him as a joke because I thought he had no chance and I didn’t like Clinton as a candidate” folks are real. I know one in real life and he’s very repentant. Voted for Biden in 2020 and will be voting for Harris this November.

He’s no longer an unknown quantity, so people voting for him because they were giving him the benefit of the doubt have had an entire Trump term to have that doubt stripped away. I think they’ll avoid making that mistake again, just like they avoided it in 2020.

Then there’s the accelerationists who thought voting Trump in would be the quickest way to bring about a rapid collapse of the shitty duopoly and convince both parties that they need to reevaluate their platforms. As it turns out, it just dragged both parties even further right, so those guys can safely stay home knowing that handing Trump a second term isn’t going to further their agenda in the slightest.

I’m sure there were a lot of people who were just duped with misinformation and bullshit, and I hope those guys still remember how they were tricked last time and vote accordingly.

Lastly, I still believe that there are American voters out there who drew lines in the sand, said they were uncrossable, and meant it. Things like staging a coup to remain in power, getting impeached twice, threatening to end the constitution, and threatening to use the military against his political opponents. Those people have to step up to the plate now more than ever.

• Feathercrown@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              26 minutes ago

As it turns out, it just dragged both parties even further right, so those guys can safely stay home knowing that handing Trump a second term isn’t going to further their agenda in the slightest.

If lemmy comments are anything to go by, they haven’t learned.

• RickRussell_CA@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 hours ago

That was my reading in 2016 – before the election, I realized that the “thrill vote” would go to Trump, and the average folks were going to sit it out because Hillary Clinton couldn’t energize anybody.

I’m getting a lot of those feelings around KH too. I just hope folks come out for the anti-Trump vote, at least.

• Queen HawlSera@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                34 minutes ago

Yes actually, well he wouldn’t be in it as much as if he were the President (…again)

Actually given his advanced age and delirium I wouldn’t be surprised if the loudest news stories besides “He did 1/6 again…” and “Trump Voters don’t approve of Kamela, I wonder what reason totally not related to her skintone it could be, let’s just ignore the elephant in the room like we did with questioning why they didn’t like Obama back when they were the Tea Party” would be…

“He had a stroke and choked on a hamberder”

I’m only being slightly cynical since he’s doing shit like falling asleep at rallies, this man’s body is trying to die and he’s fighting it to run for President. That’s a man on borrowed time if I ever saw it. It’s also a man who has nothing to lose and is a heartbeat away from putting Vance in charge, both of those are scary potential realities if he’s President.

• BrianTheeBiscuiteer@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 hours ago

As hard as it is to listen to talk radio it’s also kind of fun to catch the nuances in their bullshit. Someone accuses Trump of praising Hitler and immediately they say, “Wow! This is such a desperate play from the Democrats!”

• inb4_FoundTheVegan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 hours ago

You are about to see insanely desperate stuff from Democrats. Expect fake AI generated crap about Trump coming soon. Stay focused AND VOTE!

-Charlie Kirk

Hasn’t even seen the video, but already dismissing it as AI. Anything that the right doesn’t like is fake.

• DarkCloud@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    12 hours ago

If anyone produces multiple bowls of spaghetti from behind their backs we’ll know it’s AI… Otherwise it already sounds like plausible behavior for someone who bragged about “grabbing 'em by the pussy”.

That’s the thing to remind people about - he’s already said he gropes women. He’s already said he walks in on minors at teen beauty pageants.

• BigMacHole@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 hours ago

Any video of the Man who bragged about grabbing Women by the Pussy and who was friends with Jeffrey Epstein and who Perved on Underage Beauty Pageant participants is OBVIOUSLY AI! DRAG QUEENS!